How to get a new Audi Radio code....

oyohbb

Reaction score
...without going to the dealers?

I foolishly left my interior light on a couple of weeks ago, and my battery died. I jump started it, and all was well, but my stereo went into SAFE mode.

I looked in my manual for the radio code, but the card part where it would be had been cut out. Apparently you are entitled to the code free if you go to the dealers. So I pulled out my stereo to get the code at the back, took my V5, my service book and my insurance to the dealers (Audi Whetstone), and I was told that I need to pay £35 + VAT for the code. Not only that, but it also had to be taken into the garage, and only on a Wednesday morning. So I would also have to take a day off work!

To be honest she was incredibly rude about it, but now it's been 3 weeks without music and I am going a bit mad. It's ****** boring without music and I keep thinking I hear noises from the engine/exhaust/ body panels etc.

I have searched the forum (and the net), and there is no threads about people actually getting their code. I know there are sites on the net that reckon they can get the number, but I don't know how reliable they are. Some people also said try the last 4 digits of my radio serial number, but that didnt work either.

Any help would be gratefully received :)

Nope, i went through the same thing, phoned my local audi up (wakefield) and they were fine, wasnt going to charge me a thing, ended up finding it in the end lol, anyway they shouldnt charge you, just kick up a fuss, i do, always work haha :)

It's written in black and white that they should give it you for free... on the stupid card where the number is of course, so if you haven't got that, you wouldn't know...

Cheers mate, I did try kicking up a fuss, and the woman basically implied that if I didn't want to take my stereo in, it was probably because I nicked the stereo. I was going to really kick off then, but I was with someone, and also i have quite a good relationship with the parts guy there.

Grrrr...

Jojo, I'm sure there is another part in the manual which also says it should be no charge. But they just say there is now. I will probably go to another dealer and give it a go, but it's such a pain in the ****.

Should have asked to speak to her manager i know i certainly would have, cheeky bint.

I've had mine done at the dealers at no cost, just booked it in on a saturday morning. Also had my Passat and Leon done previously at no cost either by the dealers. Might be worth checking with another dealer.

I will try another one tomorrow. Cheers mate. Which dealers did you go to?

I had to pay for audi stealer to retrieve my radio code, when I quoted the manual I was told that dealers couuld choose whether they charged for it or not! grr! :gun2:

See on the back of the card where your radio code is this,

DSC01408.jpg

funny thing is, if you have this card, you obviously have the code, but if you lose it, you won't know what's written on it!

I had a replacement book with mine when I bought it and no code. I put my radio into safe mode and couldn't unlock it. Dealer wanted to charge half an hours labour (£68)! I searched the net and found a company that would do it for £25 plus postage plus vat. Cost about £31 in the end I think and I had it back within three days. Thought i'd rather risk it than pay supid Audi price!

i'd have a kick off with the manager. if they are going to write it in the manual, they should stand by it.
i was fobbed off till i pulled the card borrowed from another manual in the showroom and started raising my voice in front of potential customers.

I paid 2.99 on eBay for the code, just provide the serial number.

also if the stereo originally belongs in the car I think you don't need to use a code?

I needed to get a code after changing to an 2006 Audi A4 multi cd - even the cheap code provider based on the serial number check to make sure the stereo is not reported stolen etc.

Yeah to get the radio code you need the AUZ serial, sometimes the vin so they can check its married to the same car and not stolen . Also i would not recommend eBay at all, not unless you want to pay for 3 or 4 decodes before you get a correct one.

Official decodes from here, worked first time > www.onlineradiocodes.co.uk

Hi,

My Audi radio was locked for months, I went to the dealership to get it unlocked and the quoted me £30.00 and needed my car for the full day.

I spoke to my local garage who recommended www.onlineradiocodes.co.uk all they needed was the radios serial number and got my code for £14.99 within 1 hour. This saves me a lot of time and some boring journeys.

Fantastic hope this helps.

I locked myself out of stereo, battery died.

Pulled the stereo out and copied the serial number and went on ebay and had the code in 30 mins.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/323738029951

Cheap and it's the really the only way to obtain from dealership. I have a S3 2001 and it wasn't on their database. My dad owns a garage and we rang loads of his contacts for help.

The clips in my stereo were broken, so it took 2 hours to pull the stereo out. We even connected the computer to find the serial number. But it didn't come up.

Hope this post helps, never done this before!...

Hello, I also have a problem. My car radio CD asks me for a code after i changed the battery, but I don't have it. I searched in the manuals of the car but I did not find the respective code. I removed the radio and the serial number is: AUZ2Z2A1234567 I searched the internet and found a website for generating the radio code for audi .Do you heard about this? https://radiocodefinder.com/audi-radio-code-2

Just buy the code off ebay, then if the code doesn't work you claim your fiver back from PayPal... pretty sure they put the code into an algorithm..

Most cars with stock radios don't need a code....

Why do people still think criminals nick car radios and car wheels?