Engine Bay Tart Up

mike_plymouth

Reaction score
Hello people, iv been insipred by A3Tom and his engine bay cover so iv decided to give it a try on my 1.8 AGN.
This is the bay after a bit of a clean up in the summer:

I have gave the cover a sand down and spray, its been polished to high heaven and is a lovely gloss black, sorry to steal your idea tom but it looks great:

So while it was out i thought it would be a shame to put it back on the manifold which is quite a large feature in the bay and it is pretty tarnished and discoloured, i decided to see what it would look like polished:

Before

After a quick rub down:

Side by Side:

Now im a long way to go, the images above show the aluminium as quite pitted but iv got rid of that on the right hand side inlet manifold but iv ran out of light and the rain was getting heavier and heavier so iv called it a night.
Im using 240 wet and dry to get rid of the cast texture but a dremel attachement help speed it up a bit?? There is quite a bit to polish up and i dont fancy loosing my finger prints perminantly, Cheers.

cover looks good mate..

word of advice tho.. take the manfold off and do it that way. you will be able to get to all of it then. as you already said, the ali is pitted and its an **** to get flat. i stared to polish my inlet up on my old A4 and stopped once i got the flat bit shiney!! LONG.COM this is why i painted the one on my A3. Good luck tho fella..... keep at it!

Looks good!. As for nicking my idea...I dont care...it looks good so crack on!