Audi S3 to TT ABT, Advice needed.

The Challinor

Reaction score
Website
www.businessguysit.com
Has anyone on here got a Audi TT ABT ? I'm after a bit of background info, how many were made, spec level, bodykit info etc. Looking to trade in my S3 for this:

http://www.globalautomobiles.co.uk/82390/showroom.htm

Also any ideas on what i should expect to get for a 1999 Audi S3 in yellow with around 90k, good condition with extras ( bose, black s3 replica rims, sunroof, cruise control, all s3 stuff)

Just after some input, what people think, good price or not, etc ?

Would have to be the TT Quattro Sport 240 for me if I was to go for one.

Would have to be the TT Quattro Sport 240 for me if I was to go for one.

Yep this is what I was looking at before I got my car they had a lovely red one in Oxford Audi, great Interior but only two seats!

The original ABT TT's were early ones. That one looks like it just has part of the body kit and the exhaust. If its only got 270bhp then i would say its just a remap. The original ABT cars had a different turbo and carbon kevlar diffusers and sills. All the ABT versions I have seen have been really neglected and look very tattly.

The original ABT TT's were early ones. That one looks like it just has part of the body kit and the exhaust. If its only got 270bhp then i would say its just a remap. The original ABT cars had a different turbo and carbon kevlar diffusers and sills. All the ABT versions I have seen have been really neglected and look very tattly.

That don't sound too good, only found 2 ABT's ( just the kit i guess) Don't think there are that many around.

It's just a remaped tt with a body kit ain't it ain't u better off with thee tt sport with 240bhp

It's just a remaped tt with a body kit ain't it ain't u better off with thee tt sport with 240bhp

Looked at those but Insurance is even higher and they are quite basic inside, with its being light weight it looses some of the kit I'm sued to and like, also seats don't look all 2 comfy but not been in 1 so could not comment too much. They look smart with the black roof but Not too keen on the rims, and I think Normal TT's are a little plain, want something unique and a bit special, the 3.2 V6 are nice looking but much higher tax and lower MPG.

I'm not 100% sure I'm getting a new car, been looking around and cannot find a lot I either like or can afford. Any suggestions are welcome !

It does look nice and I see what you mean about the kit u loose to save weight and I don't think there's no back seats at all with the 3.2 tt cost alot to modify And more to run on a daily basis

My mates big brother had a TT roadster and it was remapped had a kit by autograph car looked really nice + was really fast!!!

My mates big brother had a TT roadster and it was remapped had a kit by autograph car looked really nice + was really fast!!!

suprisingly will be slower than your S3 if it only had a map ;) they are heavier by all accounts

Cooleo - shouldnt worry mate, the bodykit wasn't fitted very well, did you see the gap on the front valance???

suprisingly will be slower than your S3 if it only had a map ;) they are heavier by all accounts

Cooleo - shouldnt worry mate, the bodykit wasn't fitted very well, did you see the gap on the front valance???

Even with a map? is that due to it being a convertible ?

No I did see the gap mate ? where is it ? I never got chance to go and check it out. I like the look of TT's with kits but don't want:

1. Look like a chav
2. Have it fall apart around me ( Seen 100's of body kits badly fitted and falling off cars)

May have to look further, just want a TT that is different from the other ones. Like the S3 is different from the S3. Even a TT is a rare colour would be cool.

the valance was like 20mm away from the bumper on the nearest corner of the first picture :)

and from what i know all TT's are heavier than S3's, put it this way....at the pod i had a stage 3 TT almost all the way to the 1/4 mile line, he pipped me as my car started to heat soak..... his had DP, sports CATs, FMIC, exhaust and full stage 2 or 3 vagcheck map according to the chap driving - mine had a lowly map :)

the valance was like 20mm away from the bumper on the nearest corner of the first picture :)

and from what i know all TT's are heavier than S3's, put it this way....at the pod i had a stage 3 TT almost all the way to the 1/4 mile line, he pipped me as my car started to heat soak..... his had DP, sports CATs, FMIC, exhaust and full stage 2 or 3 vagcheck map according to the chap driving - mine had a lowly map :)

I can't see that, though it was just how the kit appears. According to Parkers and spec guides etc, 225 is 6.4 to 60, my S3 is 6.6 I think. Can't think of much else Audi wise for 10k that's not stupid to run (S4)

thats why specs arent really used :)

open to being proven wrong but almost certain they are heavier.....obviously you have aerodynamics to think of but the difference isnt night and day...i definately wouldnt swap the S3 for one, for a start the S3 is more rare, secondly much better equipped...... and you wont have men trying to back scuttle ya whilst trying to get out of your low slung TT

darkcooleo heres a picture of it it is the only one I could find just went through 1300 pictures to find it!!!
attachment.php

thats why specs arent really used :)

open to being proven wrong but almost certain they are heavier.....obviously you have aerodynamics to think of but the difference isnt night and day...i definately wouldnt swap the S3 for one, for a start the S3 is more rare, secondly much better equipped...... and you wont have men trying to back scuttle ya whilst trying to get out of your low slung TT

Yer, i see your point there. Some look OK but I think the maturity are just 2 rounded and lack character, which is what I love about my S3.

The only car I want is a new 8P S3 or A5 3.0 TDI, but well over budget - Only thinking of changing up cause my car on 91k now and it a 1999 T plate, don't want anything major go wrong. May sound daft, just wondered what your thoughts are?

darkcooleo heres a picture of it it is the only one I could find just went through 1300 pictures to find it!!!
attachment.php

Cheers man, looks nice. Been looking to into TT's and been having some heart 2 heart with my car, just don't think TT's have as good as styling or appeal like my S3 does, going to hang on till I get get a 8p and let the miles rack up

Yeah don't really like TT's tbh could have bought 1 but went for the S3 as its pretty much the same car but is more discreet but the new 8p S3 are really nice but don't look as wide.

Totally agree with you there man, Had few issues with mine recently and found myself looking at other cars. Decided as I'm in love with mine, no use in settling for second best or anything less then what i really want and can get excited over lol !