S3 Wing Mirrors!

SamiG

On Boost, ish.
Reaction score
I hate the standard aluminum/chrome S3 wing mirrors and it will more than likely be the first thing i change on my S3.

Does anyone know anywhere who makes carbon fiber or carbon/kevlar replacement housings?

Also how much do the standard mirrors fetch, i looked on ebay but couldnt find any as im tempted to invest in a standard set of electric mirrors and put carbon housings on them and sell on the S3 ones.

i really do not like them :(

Thanks

Id be happy to do some sort of deal with you if yours are Imola Yellow and mint condition? :)

you hate the S3 chrome mirrors !

I think you will have some begging responses on those puppies.

Just personal preference matey.

They remind me of cheap chrome Halfrauds jobbies you see on Saxo's down your local McD's!!

I know most people love them i'd much prefer some sexual carbon weave ;)

i often thought if you wanna tone down the s3 ally mirrors you could get them anodised imagine, gun metal, graphite, black, blue, red etc

I don't think anodizing my silver mirrors on my yellow s3 the like of "red" is really "toning it down" :p hehe

Good idea though pal. Gun metal would look awesome!!

have you been to halfords lately? carbon fibre is as bad chrome lol every saxo or corsa has got carbon this and that these days

you cant not have ally mirrors on a s3 its not right but thats my opinion
think carbon will go with yellow quite well though

CARBON on a SAXO :-O are you for real??

Maybe some carbon looking M3 replica plastic mirrors lol!

Your average saxo owner wouldn't know genuine carbon fibre if he got ran over by a pagani zonda :-O

imagine a nogaro blue s3 with blue anodised mirrors, still give off a reflection but are blue. Sorry i ve recently got some mtb parts custom anodised (i just think its great)

lol for real my younger brothers mates bout 6 of them with mk3 astras,corsas and a saxo all carbon fibred up not all of its the cheap plastic crap either spoilers,splitters ****** everything mate

haha since when did saxo/corsa drivers move so far up in the modding world :p lol!

I see what you mean though dude, i just think it would be a nice little touch as i'm not a fan of the silver! im sure thats as far as it'll go though :D

i know i ****** myself when i saw them nothing decent is safe from boy racers.

yeah i think it will look good mate don't think ive seen carbon mirrors on an s3 before

lmao
dont think we can be called chavs for liking something audi put on the car

I like my silver mirrors :) does that make me a chav? haha
Hmm i like my mirrors too, i must be a chav. Wasnt Audi one of the first to put the chrome mirrors on their 'S' or 'RS' range of cars?

was it an option to have chrome mirrors as my s3 doesnt have chrome mirrors but body coloured ones.

Standard S3 came with painted (body coloured) mirror housings.

The optional Aluminium (not chrome) mirror housings cost £800 when the original purchaser ordered their car.

The mirror's are also a fair amount of money (hundreds) each to purchase from a Main Dealer. I paid £150 for mine, originals and in unmarked condition. Don't swap for body coloured, purchase new ones, have them sprayed & keep the Aluminium ones just in case you change your mind.

Sorry to those who wanted a steal! ;)

G

Didnt they come in either polished or brushed finish also? Mine are polished, especially on a sunday morning :icon_thumright:

Id be happy to do some sort of deal with you if yours are Imola Yellow and mint condition? :)

Mine are imola yellow but have a few chips so not mint, also its a pre facelift so Im having doubts about them fitting now. Does anyone know if they will just swap straight over?

Pretty sure facelift are different to pre-facelift and wont fit.

Didnt they come in either polished or brushed finish also? Mine are polished, especially on a sunday morning :icon_thumright:

I think they came brushed on other S/RS/Sline models. All the S3 8Ls that I have seen are Chrome effect/polished.

As JD said, they were all (S3 8L) polished finish. The newer ones are either matt or brushed. They weren't an option for the normal A3.

G

Much prefer my old 8L alu mirrors than the silver coloured plastic crap that I have on my new S3, now they do look chavy. Have to agree with previous threads though, the new craze down on the boy racer seen is everything carbon baby! I personally think the mirrors it came with are the best.

Everyone else can have your chrome mirrors, Ill take the solid aluminium ones you have, thanks.

I allready have a set but its allways good to have spares :)