home made centre vent gauge holder

salsheikh

Reaction score
guys, i have been doing a bit of diy at home (much to the wife's pleasure :yes:) and made a centre vent angled gauge holder

02032010375.jpg

trial fit without gauges
05032010381.jpg

trial fit with some gauges i had lying around to check the fit/look with gauges. i couldnt get a good pic as i am using a camera phone and the pics dont do the gauge any justice - i am pretty happy with it.
05032010383.jpg

05032010385.jpg

05032010386.jpg

05032010383.jpg

sadly its up for grabs now, see classifieds for further info.:crying:

:sign_plug:

just seen you ebay post for it.

Also how does it fix in? with the weight of the gauges in it it would simply fall out when you floor it.

personally i think you made it then realised it will not work. or was it you did not want to cut you dash appart?? Good effort tho!

Last edited:
Thats for a leon cupra isnt it, well it's off one! You sure that'll fit an a3/s3?

Same dash as an A3/S3...

Not sure what to make of this.... Seems obvious the OP has not got an audi, has a post count of 4 and only just joined.... blatant attempt and trying to sell this bit of kit..

<tuffty/>

i will update the thread with pics later. it is mounted using some velcro tape so is removeable when you need to access the back of the gauges. if u want u can use some metal brackets to screw into the side and this will mean that there is tension between the bracket and the inside of the vent to stop it from coming out.
whats will all the negativity? this is an open forum so i will accept comments but you cant stop a guy from trying!
yes i am attempting to sell it, and this is my way of showing it off, whay not make it available to people who like to modify their cars and have a passion for it? i'd rather not sell it to a chav, simple. if you dont like it then dont buy it. and yes i do have a leon but my bro's both have the A3's and the dash is very very similar so it will fit.

here's the pics of the newer gauge made by me with gauges installed

27032010012.jpg

on the first one the left side is blended in with the bit where the rolers would be, on the second one, i didnt blend it.

that second holder looks better.. those mcgille motorsport plasma gages are the slowest, most in inaccurate gauges on the planet!! had them on my scoob and replaced them within a week!

shame as there chavtasticly pretty, but i did have the chav car to pull them off!

P290909_1936.jpg

why would you want a rev counter btw? you have a big one in front of you on the dash!

Last edited:
the rev counter is for looks mate. i have a wiring issue with this, where does the wire connect to as we have coil packs? any ideas?

that gauge pod is awesome mate, do you have any progress photos ?