Clutch Release Bearing? And Failed MOT!

Reaction score
Had my MOT today. Failed due to rear springs and ARB Bushes. Did have a little rattle, which will hopefully disappear with the ARB bushes being sorted. I can get hold of the bushes for £15 for the pair for the daelers, and the rear springs for £50 a pair from Euros. Dealer quoted me £67 for each coil! No thanks...

I have a whistling noise which disappears when the clutch is depressed. I've been told that its the clutch release bearing and should replace the clutch at the same time as having this done. My question is that I've had my Clutch replaced 15k miles ago, when I had to replace the GearBox, is it worth replacing the clutch already? And if so, what kind of labour charges should I be expecting? I've been quoted £150 for labour.

Cheers all.

the release bearing on a 1.6 is behind a cover on the end of the gearbox.Remove the passenger front wheel and the splash guard and there is a cover visable on the end of the box, the bearing lives in there.

No box out to change, no oil loss, around £5 from GSF/ECP

Excellent. Cheers for that mate! The noise only started around a month ago, so maybe he did replace with a cheap one? Who knows...