Injector seals

whatstandwell

Reaction score
Just replacing the injector o-ring seals today on my 2002 BAM engine S3. The seals I got from Audi are two different sizes a x/section dia 3.53mm (p/n 035 906 149 A) & x/section dia 2.8 mm (p/n 06A 906 149), the parts catalogue does not show which is supposed to be top and which is bottom. However, on removing the old seals they are all the same size, the larger x/section dia.
I am confused as to what I should be fitting as it is possible the injector seals had been incorrectly replaced by a previous owner in the past. Does anyone know which injector o-ring seals they should be for this engine and which goes to top and which to bottom?

not sure if they are the same as my a3 but when i got them they were all the same size! may you of possible got the wrong ones?

It was the o-rings on the injectors when I took them off that were the same size. I didn't measure the injector o-ring seat diameter, which I probably should have done. I'll take them off again and measure the injector, that should clear it up.

Measured the injector o-ring seats this morning before work, both ends of the injector are the same, dia 7.8 mm. That would point to the correct o-ring being p/n 035 906 149 A (dia 3.53 x 7.52) for both ends. Looks like Audi parts system is wrong for the BAM engine. I 'll be trying to get my money back for the 4 o-rings they incorrectly sold to me at the extortionate price of £3.20 each!