Had my REVO turned up....

LOL. Tuffty, you bully you..... :respekt:

Anyways - changed knock sensors over the weekend for spares. Done up to 14.75 lb/ft - this is the only torque I could find mentioned, both in Autodata and on the webbinet.

Still getting no more than 3 on block 020. Hmmmm.

Interestingly also, looking at the logs, the management is requesting around or about 21 psi, however the turbo can only produce up to about 20 psi flat out against the large port head.

I'm wondering if a new and improved downpipe and removal of cats will help this. Doubtful, although spool time will be better, I'm not sure it will ever produce better peak.

Wondering if Stage 2 is really worth it for me with this current configuration to be honest now - if Stage 2 will request more boost and the turbo can't produce it, then where is the point!!

boost is being consummed by the higher flowing cylinder head..
flat out is flat out if you see n75 % >95% on logs

lack of timing pull is good.. more to come. hehe

Last edited:
boost is being consummed by the higher flowing cylinder head..
flat out is flat out if you see n75 % >95% on logs

lack of timing pull is good.. more to come. hehe

but at what point will the intake temps climb to the level where teh higher boost is actually conflicted by the higher intake temp?

but at what point will the intake temps climb to the level where teh higher boost is actually conflicted by the higher intake temp?

You'd have to be pushing some serious boost to have that as a problem. On boost on the logs posted above you can see that at 20 psi ish, intake temps are between 16 degrees and 18 degrees, meaning the intercooler is working well.

LOL. Tuffty, you bully you..... :respekt:

Anyways - changed knock sensors over the weekend for spares. Done up to 14.75 lb/ft - this is the only torque I could find mentioned, both in Autodata and on the webbinet.

Still getting no more than 3 on block 020. Hmmmm.

How easy is it to change knock sensor 1 Welly ? I've had the fault for quite a while so I've booked it in to be done, if it's easy enough I'll do it myself, I heard the mani may have to come off to get to it...

Cheers...

Hmmmmm, not sure about sensor 1. It's got much more access than the second one. I took the mani off to be honest simply because it's easier. Knock sensor 1 I think could be done without mani removal, there is quite a bit of access. Knock sensor 2 is covered by the PCV system.

If I were you I'd try a 13mm socket (for the sensor bolt) and 1 x long and 1 x short extension bar underneath the inlet manifold. The electrical plug might be a bit of a bitch though.

Don't be put off by taking the mani off - it's not hard as long as you have a bit of mechanical know how. Just make sure you have another gasket handy.

wellys ait's were low..
flow makes power... boost is just motive force to shove it thru is how I often try to simply describe it.. and its higher boost which generates the unwated induction temps.. (you compress any gas you heat it... the outlet of your turbo's charge pipe will easily be exceeding 150'C when on high boost levels to give you a feel for it)

if you make things flow easier and better, more power and less temps.

If boost was the only important factor, a K04 on 2bar would make the same power as a GT35 on 2bar but we all know thats not the case... Flow is the differentiator

yup, seems more logical to look at it that way. thanks