Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Ross_S4

Status

Huuuuuge split...

...along the hose from the inlet manifold to the breather pcv. bugger. On the plus side, got the sfs TIP fitted and the fpr hose changed, bit more confidence now. Just have to extend the loom for the N75 to tidy it up a bit and run a new bit of hose for the PRV.

Also got the facelift rear lights and fitted them, bit of a productive day really.

And to all the guys that did the N249 removal, now you have run like that for a while, I take it there haven't been any issues?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Ive run the n249 bypass for quite a while, no issues.

Luckily my engine and its hoses look like theyve just rolled off the factory floor so I shouldnt have to worry for a while...not to rub it in or anything...lol. But I would like to get rid of all the useless stuff and get as much silicone in there as possible!.

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

5th Gear

Status
    yer i done my n249 before xmas no problems, also done my sai removal a few months ago now with no lights on dash etc

happy days

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Indeed, mine is still cushty. Also, I don't even run the N249 electrically connected any more! Stuff the ECU, it logs a fault code, but that's it.

LOL, that bloody PCV hose is always splitting. I made my own replacement out of silcone hose and copper radiator pipe bends. Like hell was I paying 25 for a new one from the dealer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I've had no real issues with the N249 bypass, and pushing and extra 2psi because of it
    I joined in on the oil catch tank and pcv hose group buy so i'll be ripping all the crap out soon and replacing the hose.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rossbrownlee View Post
    ...along the hose from the inlet manifold to the breather pcv. bugger. On the plus side, got the sfs TIP fitted and the fpr hose changed, bit more confidence now. Just have to extend the loom for the N75 to tidy it up a bit and run a new bit of hose for the PRV.

Also got the facelift rear lights and fitted them, bit of a productive day really.

And to all the guys that did the N249 removal, now you have run like that for a while, I take it there haven't been any issues?
    Ross, can you please post a picture of fhe split hose so I can check mine?
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

Ross_S4

Status
    Ah.
    sorry mate, replaced it already, I will post a pic of where it used to be shortly.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Indeed, mine is still cushty. Also, I don't even run the N249 electrically connected any more! Stuff the ECU, it logs a fault code, but that's it.

LOL, that bloody PCV hose is always splitting. I made my own replacement out of silcone hose and copper radiator pipe bends. Like hell was I paying 25 for a new one from the dealer.
    Electrically disconnected the ECU may only throw a code for now but it may also put you in limp mode too as the ECU no longer has control of the DV (the reason for the N249 in the first place) If it thinks it can no longer dump boost when it thinks the engine is at risk (and lets face it mate with you driving etc LMAO!! ) then it may well pop in and out of soft limp...

Time will tell but I wouldn't recommend running it electrically disconnected...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Ross_S4

Status
    Here is one looking down by the right hand side of the inlet manifold (APY)
    http://img87.imageshack.us/i/p1010806q.jpg/

Here is one looking down on the inlet manifold, bout half way along from above.
    http://img98.imageshack.us/i/p1010807a.jpg/

and finally here is a view from in front of the inlet manifold looking towards the block, that is the dipstick tube on the right.
    http://img530.imageshack.us/i/p1010808g.jpg/
    Last edited by rossbrownlee; 24th March 2010 at 19:16.

Ross_S4

Status
    The leak was down at the bottom end on the side you can't easily see.
    Also when I took the original off it was absolutely knackered. the rubber was all persihed down that end, it had gone not brittle but gungey and really soft.

1st Gear

Status
    would like to replace most of my turbo pipes to make sure there is no leaks,also were can i buy these from,what size are the pipes also thanks

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rossbrownlee View Post
    The leak was down at the bottom end on the side you can't easily see.
    Also when I took the original off it was absolutely knackered. the rubber was all persihed down that end, it had gone not brittle but gungey and really soft.
    Same on mine and 99% of any other VAG car I have seen... Bloody awful setup but easily remedied as you have don... I assume you have a one way valve in between the inlet manifold and the PCV valve?

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Ross_S4

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    I assume you have a one way valve in between the inlet manifold and the PCV valve?

<tuffty/>

yeah mate, cleaned up and reused the original one down the bottom end.

Status
    and lets face it mate with you driving etc
    What are you insinuating?

OK OK, a bit right foot heavy I grant you..... but it's been disconnected since I had all that coil trouble back in the day.... lol. The reason I left it off was so that I didn't have to keep taking it off, and then ended up forgetting all about it.

She's not gone into soft limp though.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homer Simpson

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    What are you insinuating? ...
    Nothing... lol

She's not gone into soft limp though.
    lets hope that remains the case

<tuffty/>

Status
    lets hope that remains the case
    At the first hint of trouble I will take your sound advice dude.... I normally do...
    Homer Simpson

5th Gear

Status
    welly, why not just solder in a resistor in its place, much easier to hide than that big old valve, mine is still connected just kinda flapping around under the charge pipe, annoys me everytime i see it to be honest

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny87 View Post
    welly, why not just solder in a resistor in its place, much easier to hide than that big old valve, mine is still connected just kinda flapping around under the charge pipe, annoys me everytime i see it to be honest
    I'm just a bit dubious about the longer term effects of soldering something not designed to be there in mate, if I'm being honest....

You know what a finicky ***** my car is, she'd think she was being raped and blow up again!
    Homer Simpson

5th Gear

Status
    You know what a finicky ***** my car is, she'd think she was being raped and blow up again!
    FPMSL hahaha, quality!!

had two resistors soldered in for my sai for few months now, no problems, so long as the ecu is seeing the correct current flow it will assume its still connected, i did check i had the correct resistors before fitting though just in case, didnt want too much making it back to the ecu and it going pop, bad times would ensue lol

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny87 View Post
    FPMSL hahaha, quality!!

didnt want too much making it back to the ecu and it going pop, bad times would ensue lol
    That is my primary concern to be honest....

Bad times? LOL, I would be taking it somewhere and doing a Basil Fawlty with a sapling....
    Homer Simpson