Huuuuuge split...

rossbrownlee

Ross_S4
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
...along the hose from the inlet manifold to the breather pcv. ******. On the plus side, got the sfs TIP fitted and the fpr hose changed, bit more confidence now. Just have to extend the loom for the N75 to tidy it up a bit and run a new bit of hose for the PRV.

Also got the facelift rear lights and fitted them, bit of a productive day really.

And to all the guys that did the N249 removal, now you have run like that for a while, I take it there haven't been any issues?

Ive run the n249 bypass for quite a while, no issues.

Luckily my engine and its hoses look like theyve just rolled off the factory floor so I shouldnt have to worry for a while...not to rub it in or anything...lol. But I would like to get rid of all the useless stuff and get as much silicone in there as possible!.

yer i done my n249 before xmas no problems, also done my sai removal a few months ago now with no lights on dash etc

happy days :)

Indeed, mine is still cushty. Also, I don't even run the N249 electrically connected any more! Stuff the ECU, it logs a fault code, but that's it.

LOL, that ****** PCV hose is always splitting. I made my own replacement out of silcone hose and copper radiator pipe bends. Like hell was I paying £25 for a new one from the dealer.

I've had no real issues with the N249 bypass, and pushing and extra 2psi because of it :icon_thumright:
I joined in on the oil catch tank and pcv hose group buy so i'll be ripping all the crap out soon and replacing the hose.

...along the hose from the inlet manifold to the breather pcv. ******. On the plus side, got the sfs TIP fitted and the fpr hose changed, bit more confidence now. Just have to extend the loom for the N75 to tidy it up a bit and run a new bit of hose for the PRV.

Also got the facelift rear lights and fitted them, bit of a productive day really.

And to all the guys that did the N249 removal, now you have run like that for a while, I take it there haven't been any issues?

Ross, can you please post a picture of fhe split hose so I can check mine?

Indeed, mine is still cushty. Also, I don't even run the N249 electrically connected any more! Stuff the ECU, it logs a fault code, but that's it.

LOL, that ****** PCV hose is always splitting. I made my own replacement out of silcone hose and copper radiator pipe bends. Like hell was I paying £25 for a new one from the dealer.

Electrically disconnected the ECU may only throw a code for now but it may also put you in limp mode too as the ECU no longer has control of the DV (the reason for the N249 in the first place) If it thinks it can no longer dump boost when it thinks the engine is at risk (and lets face it mate with you driving etc LMAO!! :jester:) then it may well pop in and out of soft limp...

Time will tell but I wouldn't recommend running it electrically disconnected...

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
The leak was down at the bottom end on the side you can't easily see.
Also when I took the original off it was absolutely knackered. the rubber was all persihed down that end, it had gone not brittle but gungey and really soft.

would like to replace most of my turbo pipes to make sure there is no leaks,also were can i buy these from,what size are the pipes also thanks

The leak was down at the bottom end on the side you can't easily see.
Also when I took the original off it was absolutely knackered. the rubber was all persihed down that end, it had gone not brittle but gungey and really soft.

Same on mine and 99% of any other VAG car I have seen... ****** awful setup but easily remedied as you have don... I assume you have a one way valve in between the inlet manifold and the PCV valve?

<tuffty/>

and lets face it mate with you driving etc

What are you insinuating? :think:

OK OK, a bit right foot heavy I grant you..... but it's been disconnected since I had all that coil trouble back in the day.... lol. The reason I left it off was so that I didn't have to keep taking it off, and then ended up forgetting all about it.

She's not gone into soft limp though.

welly, why not just solder in a resistor in its place, much easier to hide than that big old valve, mine is still connected just kinda flapping around under the charge pipe, annoys me everytime i see it to be honest

welly, why not just solder in a resistor in its place, much easier to hide than that big old valve, mine is still connected just kinda flapping around under the charge pipe, annoys me everytime i see it to be honest

I'm just a bit dubious about the longer term effects of soldering something not designed to be there in mate, if I'm being honest....

You know what a finicky bitch my car is, she'd think she was being raped and blow up again!

You know what a finicky bitch my car is, she'd think she was being raped and blow up again!

FPMSL hahaha, quality!!

had two resistors soldered in for my sai for few months now, no problems, so long as the ecu is seeing the correct current flow it will assume its still connected, i did check i had the correct resistors before fitting though just in case, didnt want too much making it back to the ecu and it going pop, bad times would ensue lol

FPMSL hahaha, quality!!

didnt want too much making it back to the ecu and it going pop, bad times would ensue lol

That is my primary concern to be honest....

Bad times? LOL, I would be taking it somewhere and doing a Basil Fawlty with a sapling....