Taking the peepee.

Danny Cawsey

Cawsey
Reaction score
not had the best day, i had some toyo T1R tires fitted last month,
went to drive up the road this morning and front right tire was flat, there was a 4inch nail stuck init,
so poped the gay space saver wheel on and went to kwickfit to see if it was fixable
but unfortunately its a bin it job and get a new one,

wouldnt of minded if the tires were old but they have only had about 500miles of use.

gutted mate, had new rims fitted just before xmas with new rubber, kerbed rims within a week in all the snow we had, then buckled drivers side wheel put bulge in tyre after hitting pothole after all the snow had melted, so had the wheel repaired and new tyres, 2 days later same happened to passenger front wheel/tyre, cnut!!

gotta laugh else il cry lol

sorry to hear.

Overall, how do you rate the Toyo's, thinking of getting a set!?

jonny87 i feel sorry for u mate i feel pretty peed off about 1 tire cant imagine how u must feel,

finesse the toyos are really good in the dry, but if u push it a lil in the wet at rounder bouts the front trys to step out a bit,
i have goodyear eagle f1s on my standard wheels there not as good in the dry but better then the toyos in the wet,
overall i would prob go for the f1s,

feel for ya mate.
I damaged the two nearside tyres on the S3, ended up getting four new tyres for it.
just a couple of weeks ago ended up with a puncture on the astra offside front, put the space saver on, it went flat. Then got a puncture in the nearside front.
******!

jonny87 i feel sorry for u mate i feel pretty peed off about 1 tire cant imagine how u must feel,

finesse the toyos are really good in the dry, but if u push it a lil in the wet at rounder bouts the front trys to step out a bit,
i have goodyear eagle f1s on my standard wheels there not as good in the dry but better then the toyos in the wet,
overall i would prob go for the f1s,

What about wear?

they wear fast in my experience, as quick if not faster than eagle F1s. one girl i know had a set on her A3 and im sure the fronts were shot after 3-4 months, all worn evenly, no tracking issues etc

Kumho's ku31 are a good step above the t1r in terms of performance and ive had more than 20k miles out of a set in the past. current set is still doing very well

in fact, the girl with the T1Rs swapped to the kumhos in aug 2008, before we went to the ring, and shes replacing them today (with another set of kumhos)

Just had to replace all four tyres due to damage from potholes - 6mm tread left all round on expensive Dunlop SportMaxx TTs, what a waste at £145 each!
Replaced them with the best possible tyre (for Aberdeen conditions anyway) - Uniroyal RainSport 2s, they are fantastic so far (although it's been dry since they were fitted they are still a lot grippier than the Dunlops). Reduced cabin noise too. £106/each for 18s.