Sky InsuranceBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Braided Brake lines

saw these on ebay with 20 seconds left and bought under impulse without properly reading. it says front and back but i read somewhere the back are either very rare or expensive to get hold of. can anyone tell me what i've got? and if that damage to them is acceptable?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

2. # ADS
    ADS

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Thats not true they can be made with ease
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available

FOR SALE
    None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

2nd Gear

Status
    Same as the ones I have brought, make sure you have the 2 banjo fittings and 4 copper washers (new) can't see them in the photo,

damage looks OK, just to the outer cover

5th Gear

Status
    yer damage is just to the plastic covering the actual metal braid, it would pay to have it recovered though as after time the dirt/grime/water etc will start to affect the hose

bit of a bargain there though mate, banjo fittings and copper washers can be had from halfrauds

1st Gear

Status
    sounds good to me. so just to clarify it is the front and backs?

Ross_S4

Status
    To be honest mate i would steer clear.
    The 'slight rubbing' referred to in the description - There has obviously been some fairly significant abbrasion to the outer cover to cause damage like that shown.
    In my work our stainless braided flexi's are subject to 6 monthly inspection from the hose manufacturers, the criteria is pretty strict, any braid damage (broken braid, abbraided, corroded etc) and the hose is replaced asap.
    IMHO I would steer clear of fitting these to my brakes but at the end of the day it is up to you.

1st Gear

Status
    bloody hell, as its only on the outside and not acctualy damaged braid do you not think it would be ok? ill deffinitely look into recovering it if i do use them

6th Gear

Status
    wrap some duct tape round that adn youre done, surely?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dela View Post
    bloody hell, as its only on the outside and not acctualy damaged braid do you not think it would be ok? ill deffinitely look into recovering it if i do use them
    mate if it were me id use them, just throughly check the braid and have it recovered and all should be well

BUT

if theres any sign of wear on the braid then i wouldnt risk it because if it bursts under braking you're gonna lose all your brakes, bad times!!

Ross_S4

Status
    bloody hell, as its only on the outside and not acctualy damaged braid do you not think it would be ok?
    Well really the inner hose (something like ptfe teflon or equivalent) should be rated for the pressure that you throw up it, with the stainless braid providing reinforcement and some protection. as previously posted, it is your choice. Everyone on here may give you opinions or information but at the end of the day it is down to you to decide.

ill deffinitely look into recovering it if i do use them
    This may not be so easy. The outer covers of this type of hose are extruded onto it during manufatcure. any recovering you manage to get done will not be like the standard cover. if you are not bothered about the appearance then happy days.

Ross_S4

Status
    and another thing...
    hel offer a lifetime warranty on their hose kits. might be worth a cheeky punt, "hey the cover has come off my hose!!"