What to use to clean my MAF

Add7

Reaction score
Hey peps,

Can someone tell me what i need to use.

Im not in the mood to search through the archive!

Cheers

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

sorry to hijack your post but Audi A3 1.8TS did u get your temp problem sorted?...
I had the waterpump and thermostat changed...problem gone!

no worries!

No i didnt mate! i have a thermostat at home spare. so i might just change it.

but the water pump is a bit more difficult

I use flash liquid, you did say bath, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Audi A3 1.8TS said:
Hey peps,

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, can u tell me how to remove it in the first place..those funny screws are pissin me off.. do i need a special tool?...my car's starting to hesitate under hard acceleration and I think that migh t be the culprit...

[ QUOTE ]
663KAY said:
[ QUOTE ]
Audi A3 1.8TS said:
Hey peps,

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, can u tell me how to remove it in the first place..those funny screws are pissin me off.. do i need a special tool?...my car's starting to hesitate under hard acceleration and I think that migh t be the culprit...

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to remove the whole MAF housing, not just the sensor itself. The tube bit between the inlet and air filter housing, should be a couple of jubilee clips.

Thanx, jojo. would it then mean that I'd have to disconnect it? And will this not send an error to my ecu meaning I'd have to have it cleared?
lastly, if it's in the housing, then how do i gain access to clean it (if that would make a difference)?
Sorry for all the q's, just wanna get it right the first time around! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks for all your help/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ...I cleaned my MAF this weekend and now my car seems to have a new life! Feels good to save money by doing these simple jobs yourself!! Been a while since I enjoyed driving it this much, thanks again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif...this must be by far, the most helpful site on the web!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif