HAD A CRASH NEED NAME OF PART

bansheeboyo

Reaction score
Well was going round a backroad to my freinds house as main way was closed off due to road works ,driving along and go to take this corner ,hit some gravel and car just goes straight on into a feildbottom of bumper is damaged ,along with driverside mirror and some box passanger side,its leaking water ,what is this called as has big hole in it where fmic hit it
cheers scott

Big box, front left....is it at the front of the engine bay low down?

dont mean to sound obvious but battery, or as jojo says radiator, as there isnt anything on the passenger side of the bay which holds water apart from those two things?

not that big a box ,yes is low down ,no not radiator but right next to it ,and not the battery either

will need pics, i cant think for the life of me what it is, sounds incredible!

heres an off chance, gearbox?

Depends if your issue is the rad, do you have xenons?

The washer fluid container is mounted behind the SMIC, maybe that leaking?

washer bottle is on the drivers side of the bay?

could it be something to do with the aircon? i know the pipes run along the front passenger side of the car

I'm thinking washer bottle now, 1.8T quatty is side mount I/C on driver side right? Only thing that holds water that side is washer fluid bottle.

Not sure if the 1.8T Quat was any different to the S3 1.8T setup, but I was sure it had a small IC on each side by the fogs, washer bottle is on drivers side as in the coolant bottle, thats why I'm leaning towards the xenon headlight washer jet, has the coolant actually gone down or is it just the washer bottle thats gone empty, this would tell you almost instantly.

OMFG can my luck get any worse sum jippo hacked of my fmic,left car in a little carpark overnight,as couldnt get a tow home,brand new forge fmic gone,probably go and sell it for 50 quid..............PURE SCUM,my coolant tank is empty

Are you fecking kidding me, its a joke right wtf???

feck me, that adds insult to injury dont it, keep eyes peeled for it on ebay if i were you

Last edited by a moderator:
super ragin the now like grrrrrrrrrrrrr,any one recomend a decent fmic that will fit on a a3 tqs ??? they stole all my pipe work aswell pretty much ,god dam ba$*@rds

Still awaiting pics to confirm, but obviously its a coolant pipe or coolant system container thats the issue at hand, still cant believe some pikeys have taken it & piping, unreal.

super ragin the now like grrrrrrrrrrrrr,any one recomend a decent fmic that will fit on a a3 tqs ??? they stole all my pipe work aswell pretty much ,god dam ba$*@rds

Bad form mate thieving gits!!!!....

If you had a Forge one from an S3 before, AH Fabrications do a similar FMIC for £250 (last I heard) but you would need to source the pipework... Check out the FMIC thread in the sticky...

<tuffty/>

Feel really bad for you here mate. Thats just pure unlucky. Wrong place right time!!

Hope you get it sorted out. Tufftys idea is a good one, I might be tempted, problem is I just can't stop spending money on this damn car!!!

G

ha ha like that idea ,as for pics i have had a proper look in daylight ,,,there is no box it was the rad surround ,sorry for the confusion,