Definative Optimax

shagga

Reaction score
Hi All,
Has anyone got definative figures on wether Optimax DOES make a difference..? I've been running it my 02 S3 since new but finding it increasingly hard locating Shell garages so have to plot my trips accordingly. I'm thinking of going back to the usual unleaded. At the moment I'm averaging around 27.8mpg but do drive hard.

Cheers in advance.

Also be interested if Optimax is all that, as also have to go miles out of my way to get it

Recently found BP Ultima pretty good though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

would NEVER used 'normal' unleaded though - super only...

At the moment it costs me around £16.00 per month more to use Optimax which isn't an issue but sometimes I have to drive 10, 20 miles out of my way to get it. Does my head in.
Sorry I meant super-unleaded.

This has already been discussed here at great length. I have always used Optimax too but don't seem to have too much bother finding it and rather enjoy my chance to go out for a spin to the local Shell station!

I used to use £20 of optimax and £10 of standard unleaded and found it performed much better for some reason...........but other will say the same too.

Work pays for all my 95Ron, so I use that, I just don't think its worth me forking out for 98 (from my pocket)