Spare MAF anybody?

Plunky

Reaction score
Hi, decided to clean my maf today and somehow snapped it! :mad:
So im asking if anybody has a spare maf lying about for a 1.8t agu engine that they wouldnt mind letting me purchase? :D
Cheers
Liam

Ouch, that's a rather expensive slip of a finger/cloth :(

Get a new one from Audi, at least you'll have some chance of getting a replacement if it brakes 2 miles down the road and it'll be an OEM part with some warranty(feel free to correct me on this one).

I know! Very annoyed!
Does anybody know the rough cost of a new bosche item? Don't fancy a cheap ebay jobby!

My S3 one was around the £70/£80 mark exchange from Audi... tbh I wouldn't bother getting one from anywhere else... at a push you can try GSF and they will be a bit cheaper than the Audi part but even though it will be a genuine Bosch part they never seem to be as reliable as one from Audi... I have had both btw...

<tuffty/>

will they accept mine as an exchange? I only say this as the actual small flap that sits inside the housing now has a split down it.

will they accept mine as an exchange? I only say this as the actual small flap that sits inside the housing now has a split down it.

Can't see why not... as long as the housing looks ok it should all be good... you have two chances ;P

<tuffty/>

ok sounds ok then
will i be ok to drive with the maf unplugged for roughly 15 miles to get another maf?

ok sounds ok then
will i be ok to drive with the maf unplugged for roughly 15 miles to get another maf?

Yeah, take it easy of course but the ECU will go into a 'safe' mode any way..

BTW, don't tell them you cleaned it ;P

<tuffty/>

ok cool, cheers!
I'll just say it broke on its own :D

I wouldn't bother saying anything mate... next to oil MAF's are probably the next best seller as they break so often LOL (I am on my third in 15 months and due to change it again..)

<tuffty/>