ISO Connectors

AudiiduA

Reaction score
Hi all, i fitted an aftermarket stereo and only the front speakers are working, looks like theres only 4 wires on the original connector plug,there is a big plug with lots of wires in it that i couldnt connect as its bigger than the other 2 and nothing to plug it into! is this for the sub and rear speakers?? seen on ebay a ISO connector lead set that says its for converting an Audi system to an aftermarket one! has anyone else had this?
Cheers all,
Lee:icon_thumright:

Which sound system do you have? This will dictate the adapter you will need.

I think yours is a rear-only amplified and the adapter you might need is an Autoleads PC9-401 adaptor, which costs about 25 pounds.

I think yours is a rear-only amplified and the adapter you might need is an Autoleads PC9-401 adaptor, which costs about 25 pounds.
Its not the Bose,had a boken sony in when i bought it! just bought a JVC unit! it has the sub in the boot too.:)

Bose is amplified front and back, most other Audi units are rear amps (amp is in the boot box and is smaller than a match box).... the ISO's cover the fronts and the rears have an amp feed - if you had a system that worked before then you must have changed something for the rears to not be working....

was all fine previously?

Bose is amplified front and back, most other Audi units are rear amps (amp is in the boot box and is smaller than a match box).... the ISO's cover the fronts and the rears have an amp feed - if you had a system that worked before then you must have changed something for the rears to not be working....

was all fine previously?
No! the sony headunit was just filling a hole! tried to get it working but found its ******, so bought a new one! there is 2 small plugs and a slightly larger one in the original Audi wiring, but only the 2 small ones with the stereo, hence the bigger one is now unused! done a bit of research and turns out i need a special ISO connector that converts it so can use all 3 plugs! im thinking its for the rear speakers and Sub???? This is really Pi**in me off now!:crying:

As stated earlier, you need this adapter if you already don't have one - Autoleads PC9-401

Photos of what connectors you have will help if someone has butchered the original wiring already.

i have a solution but think it will cost slightly more if LEshkins solution works - not had experience of that particular lead myself but have heard of one in existance that does just what you need - curious to know how it converts an amplified signal though if its just ISO based with no module?

Just ordered this lead from ebay! will let you know if it works?:icon_thumright: