how do i..

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
see bhp / torque readings with vag-com.

didnt really wanna post this of fear of my life but...
for a laugh me n me mate fitted a Sanspeed tuning (bexley tuning company) large cone filter to the car to see how bad/good it ran as i wanted more audioable spool up noise chatter ect. And dispite what i was expecting im actually quite suprised. The noise is what i want and it flutters well. (yes i know chav blah blah change the record) The best thing about it, the MAF problem i had from de-meshing it (so i thought) has gone. it now boosts higher 9- 10 psi, no more hesitation and seems to pull higher into the rev range. im going to leave this filter on i think. the bottom part of the O/E ait box for now i have left on. the flat sensor thingy is tucked underneath it to keep cold and all is well. The heat soak part of it i have not noticed after being sat in traffic for 20 mins but i will be adding one of these to be safe..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/76-70MM-ID-ST..._CarParts_SM?hash=item563a3a653c#ht_500wt_956

and one of these...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....77084&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1706wt_1165

the cone will sit diagonal just behind the battery with the point of the cone facing down where the O/E intake pipe sat. This will stop it getting soaked, and will stop any heat soak i would think.

Hence i would like to know how to read and log the bhp/torque readings so i can show all you lot the gains against my last set up. (smoothed O/E box with performance panel filter)

i know im gonna get rinsed now hence i wanna have proof its an improvement. :)

Last edited:
Log block 3 iirc for MAF readings and revs, in 3rd from around 2k to redline.

Seeing you are using the earlier ver of vagcom it doent provide the pretty graphs etc iirc

cool cheers mark... ill get me other bits then compare the 2. anyone got the newer one they fancy plugging in so i can have the pretty graph!!? 1st time i have had this car running as nice as it does. grinning!

Last edited:
i have been told this filter is a Simota.... any experience with these anyone?

it's easy enought to make the graphs yourself matey. I did a post explaining how to do it about a Month ago, I'll see if I can find it later on when I've been shopping :)

Materials needed for my custom cold air induction (thats useable in the rain and cost under £100)

3" Polished Ali cold air feed
76m to 70 silicone reducer
mirror polished stainless stee 1.8mml (to make heat shield)
heat sheild mat heat proofing (der... to make it heat proof!)
60mm Air induction pipe (to get all the cold air)
Large cone filter

roll on payday.. watch this space. fingers crossed it works! i know im a bit mental but i like to experiment. im not loaded so i cant go spend £350 on somting decent!

Last edited:
Mate, my cars been rocking its cone for a few weeks now with no heatsoak issues at all.

Save yourself the cash and just see how you get on witht he cone....its hardly as if the engine bays air tight or anything :)

i hear ya fella... but its cool atm. come the summer your gonna suffer. been there, done it, needed shares in fuel. im a perfectionist.. thats why it takes me ages to complete anything coz im not happy till its 100% perfect.