Would you have Black wheels on Ming Blue???

S3 Johnny

The grass isn't always greener
Reaction score
Hi all.
My mate just sold his TT and he kept the wheels and has asked if i wouldn't them.
At the min i've got RSTT's 18" and they are the same but black and prob in better nic then mine.
I'm not to sure with mine being Ming Blue not Black.
What do you Guys think?
Thanks Johnny

try them first.. if u like.. buy.. if you dont... then dont by them!

Na, i would think anthrecite (grey lol) metallic.... my opinion only..:icon_thumright:

I think there are two parts to your answer

Firstly, does it look ok? yes i think it would, its not too in your face but it does look 'tweaked' which lets be honest is 99% why people does exterior mods, to show the car is modified in some way. So colour match wise a yes from me.

Secondly, the bigger picture, future selling, other people opinions etc. I will use an example, i couldnt do anything like this to my S3 even if i wanted to, because I use my car to travel in work and visit clients and as a senior manager I would be giving of the wrong impression if i arrived to collect clients for lunch in a boyz car, I work in a very conservative industry, Im supposed to drive a Vectra. I can do hidden mods of course as long as they arent noisey;) I know its harsh, and people dont like hearing it but most adults will pre-judge other adults with boyed up cars, fact of life Im afraid and you could be viewed no different to the uninformed as a lad from the car park wheel spinning club. So if it will affect you in any way dont do it.

by the looks of that s3 i dont think it'll work. mine is ming blue also and i toyed with the idea of black alloys but this thread answers my pondering.

what about white wheels though?? hah

Dark wheels on a dark car means your tyres will look very grey if you dont keep some tyre shine on them to keep them looking black!.

Dark wheels dont suit most dark blue cars IMO, I'd go for a dark silver rather than full on 'murdered out' rims.

not a fan of black wheels unless on a lighter car like silver or yellow

although im on the look out for some original RSTT's if your selling :) im going for anthracite refurb so any condition considered :)

I think dark wheels go with dark colour cars look at black cars with black wheels looks like stealth mode do it mate

I no a fella that's refurbs alloys and paints them any colour you want for £40 awheel 160 all in just as longs your wheels ain't totally knacked

I'd say no. I've ming blue too and think it'll look bad. Anthracite tho would be a plan!

If you do try them on get some photos. I need my Avus wheels refurbing but i think i'll just stick with silver. I'd like to see some anthracite 17" avus wheels on a ming blue though if anyone has any pics.

Pretty sure whoever built that rapid A3 with Badger5 (huge turbo one, then ended up selling it?) had a ming blue one with anthracite avus's on it. There were pictures in his build thread mate, looked OK.

There are some nice dark silvers about as well at the moment....I'd be looking at that.

I'm hoping to try them on tomorrow and i'll take some pic's before and after and try and put them on here,

If i do want them, how much do you think my old one are worth? They are original RSTT's 18" in good nic with good tires with 2 being brought this year.

Thanks Johnny

Put the wheels on today and i didn't like them, they just did't look right. i would add a pic but not sure how cause really bad on computers. They are original but they are original RS4 wheels so they are abit offset, but he brought the spacers for them to make them fit which was good to see my car with spacers on.

They are in very good con with black and sliver center caps,
If anyone might want them send me a PM and i will be happy to tell you more and send you a pic from my phone.

I will try again to get a pic on here.

I just bought my ming blue S3 5 days ago, it has the wheels powdercoated black. Some folk love them, some not so much. Here you go -

S3Mar10010.jpg

The above car looks exactly like mine.

I've got two sets of wheels (The above) and some 18" LM reps.

Kind prefer the orginal TT/ RS4 one's though in grey anthracite :(

Might put them on again

The above car looks exactly like mine.

I've got two sets of wheels (The above) and some 18" LM reps.

Kind prefer the orginal TT/ RS4 one's though in grey anthracite :(

Might put them on again

You got any photos of yours with the Lm's? Thats what i got planned. PM me if preferred :)