AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    imported_xlux

Raid Induction Kit

Right Ive just bought a Raid Induction Kit off good old Ebay and im waiting for its arrival....

I had a quick look under the bonnet and ive noticed lots of scary look electrical sensor type thigs stuck to the air filter box [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] now my old 206 was an easy swap to a green cotton induction kit this one looks a bit scarier [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img] has anyone fitted a raid one before?? or any induction kit for that matter and did the scary looking sensor things bring about lots of trouble??

Your help would be much apreciated!

Lucy x

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_xlux

Re: Raid Induction Kit

wow thanks for the interesting reply...well it still hasnt turned up yet!! i might not even bother really.... but i will definatley print off your answer and have a good read while im poking around under the bonnet and thanks for cleaning up the sensor thingy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

hey, i have brought a raid inductin kit off of a guy called lee on ebay, i have a 1.8T a3 when the kit arrived it was missing the bracket and other things to correctly fit it. i have NEVER come across air mass meters becoming faulty as a direct fault of an induction kit being fitted, my car ran well with the kit but the recirc valve sounded poo when coming off the accelerator. however the induction kit sounded nice. hence buying a bialey Dump valve,non recirculating. sound the dogs nads!!

THEN I GOT BORED!

If you look at a standard A3 that has no Modifications to the body and you hear the induction kit and the DV. it looks silly. My car ran perfectly, but what i did not like was where the output stage was moved to, usually it sits in the air box to keep it cool but when fitted it sits half way up the mounting bracket, causing possible overheating of the output stage. my car lasted about 3 mths with induction kit and dump valve on and will stay off till next summer. good luck with whatever you do!

imported_xlux

sorry to cause an argument i understand everyone has different views on things im gonna try the raid kit first and see if it works ok.. and i got mine off a guy called lee to uh oh ! and it still hastn arrived!! k&n panel might be the way to go i will have to wait and see and im gonnna do the whole car up so it shouldnt sound out of place on a standard car... i have to start somewhere and i thought the engine would be a good plan [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] tt rims and spoiler and colour coding are next....... cheers for the info peeps much appreciated [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

i used the buy it now option, he is the only one who sells them on there!

it took 2 weeks to get to me as he sells them even when he does not have them in stock. oh dear.......

imported_xlux

Well luckily its arrived today wohooo i was getting worried seems all there but im gonna fit it tomorrow so you might here screams and shouts from Dorset [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]