EM TuningMonster Motorsport

Thread: Black smoke

1st Gear

Status

Black smoke

Hi guys just noticed black some from my s3 when i rev it up.Any ideas what it could be?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    White smoke is water, blue smoke is oil, black smoke is fuel.
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

1st Gear

Status
    ok.well its is black smoke for defo so that must meen its fuel related.is there any checks i can do to find out wot it is.also is this a common fault on these s3 with the smoke?

AjM
    Living in Blissful Ignorance

Status
    Any loss of power, if so could be turbo...

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Have you had the car scanned? It could be the temp sender making the car think it's cold out and there for on choke as it were all the time, or a failing MAF making it think more air is passing and sticking more fuel in to compansate.

Without codes or anything it's hard to say

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    Have you had the car scanned? It could be the temp sender making the car think it's cold out and there for on choke as it were all the time, or a failing MAF making it think more air is passing and sticking more fuel in to compansate.

Without codes or anything it's hard to say

Listen to this man!
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

1st Gear

Status
    yea ive had vag com onit.ive got a eml on cuz its got a decat bt im getting a stage2 map next week.and also it said bout my temp sensor and possible thermostat bt i changed the two last month.could it be a faulty sensor or thermostat because im sure i didnt have them codes before.but then again i didnt check it with vagcom before it was jus with a scanner.how could i check the maf?

4th Gear

Status
    I have seen black smoke on my previous bmw, that turned out to be the MAF, so I would second, what Byzan A4 says.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Yes i've had vag com on it.

I've got a eml on because its got a decat asI am getting a stage2 map next week and also it said about my temp sensor and possible thermostat but i changed the two last month

Could it be a faulty sensor or thermostat because im sure i didnt have them codes before,but then again i didnt check it with vagcom before it was just with a scanner.

How could i check the maf?

Converted to English

If the temp on the dash is correct at 90 degress then the stat is working correctly.

Was the temp sender a genuine one? As it has been noted that pattern ones are not so good.

You need VAGcom to log the MAF reading as the scanner will not be able to do it at all

1st Gear

Status
    The temp does sit at 90 degrees.I got the sensor from gsf.its the green sensor.