Some crusty A3...

16Klappe

Man Boost!
Supporter
Reaction score
Some foolish bloke left me his Audi to play with, after an "I've curbed your wheels!" wind up last night I thought I'd best make it up to the friendly crustacean with a bit of a spruce up before I leave and a few photos! Gone over it with SRP (normally I use intensive but I thought I'd try SRP this time) and a once over with Tech Wax, then a quick polish and wax of the the wheels. Just got the inside to do and the glass this afternoon and polish the exhaust tips (got to wait until my mum gets back with the shed key for that, doh!), then I can sit back and relax/get on with packing :(

[
a3farley019.jpg

a3farley017.jpg

a3farley014.jpg

a3farley015.jpg

a3farley009.jpg

a3farley024.jpg

a3farley023.jpg

a3farley018.jpg

a3farley034.jpg

a3farley044.jpg

a3farley039.jpg

a3farley043.jpg

a3farley027.jpg

A few shots ready for the next "Which wheels" or "Avus on an A3?" threads haha...

a3farley046.jpg

a3farley042.jpg

Also, coilovers on the back now...MASSIVE difference! It doesn't look like a tractor anymore?!

Sadly I think I'm going to miss the Audi more than I will Prawn haha!

looking at the bottom picture..someone has curbed his wheels

looking at the bottom picture..someone has curbed his wheels

That wheel definitely has a mark around the rim at the bottom in that pic, I'm fairly sure it was when I had some tyres fitted about a year back :( it's definitely not curbing, as it's a really smooth mark that's just taken the top coat of paint off, so it's not really noticeable until you're really close up, but it REALLY annoys me :(

thanks for giving it a clean up Jardo, it's been a while since the old girl was cleaned properly!

They look mint compared to mine! :icon_thumright:

Not by much, I got mine in April 08 and the front two look a disgrace. :sadlike:

that looks smart. shame the wheels were only half cleaned tho!

I always park miles from the curb so i dont scratch mine up and i only got RStts. Nice motor Prawn

Half cleaned wheels?! :slap:

Just fixed that...

20h4ld0.jpg

x44zuh.jpg

And polished the intercooler and exhaust pipes, used that Autoglym Hi Foam shampoo on the interior and hoovered that out, wasn't happy with the hazy finish the tech wax had left and the mud in the arches from driving it back home so I scrubbed them out and then re waxed it with some Dodo.

Last edited:
The hazey finish will be down to not fully removing the residues.

Looks good other than that, nice wheels as said.

The hazey finish will be down to not fully removing the residues.

Looks good other than that, nice wheels as said.

Cheers guys!

I find its usually just because Tech Wax is **** haha! I normally do about two cars a week, with a 6 hour detail on each one and I used to use Tech Wax because its cheap, but now I'm just going to use Dodo and grin and bare the costs because its not worth the agro! I did a Smart yesterday, took me half the time of this one!!!

Well I've just given Mr Prawn back the Audi, after his little **** up this evening I might as well have not bothered though! Idiot...

Last edited:
haha, I took the Mini to work again, and ran out of fuel half way home!

Thankfully it was around the time Jardo finished work, and knowing he had my audi he wasn't exactly going to mind comming out for a blast to Farnham to rescue me!

Shame it was in the ******* rain though, it's a shame to take such a clean car out in the wet!

Thanks chap, x2