Anyone taken out AA Warranty on their car??

h3msy

Reaction score
As my post below states, i've just spent over a grand on my 99 S3 (clutch & Flywheel)

My neighbour has a TT and has taken out an AA warranty so I had a look at it yesterday.

Around £220 per year, and covers everything excluding clutch plates and other friction related clutch parts.Obviuosly all the usual tyres/brakes/exhausts are excluded too, but it does cover all gearbox parts and electrical equipment except ICE.

Obviously this wouldnt have covered me for the clutch and flywheel but will cover 'more or less' any future problems.

They cover you for upto £5K a claim and you can claim as many times as you need upto the vehicles value.

Anybody had any dealings with the AA warranty or any other warranties.

Cheers for any advice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

H3MSY

Previously had RAC warranties on vehicles, but to be honest never needed to used them (were thrown in free when bought car(s))

I've got an AA waranty on my 98 A3 1.8TS. So far they have paid out for and air flow meter, rear brake flexi pipe, new clocks and a new fuel gauge sender. All work was carried out at my local Audi Stealer subject to obtaining authorisation from them first. I had to pay for the work and then submit a claim form and copy of invoice. The AA then sent me a cheque for the full amount minus the £25 excess. I am happy with the service and have just renewed for another year.
They even cover MOT items such as the cat providing that you haven't filled the car with diesel.

How much are they these days?

Can you just buy one add hock or do they need to check car first (I would presume yes to stop false claims)?

My quote was £220 ish -

Less than 5 years old - less than 60K
Over 60K then it went to 270ish.

You have to wait 28 days before cover commences to try and stop false claims. Dont think they check the car at all.

you can have £500 per claim for £56 or £100 per claim for £99 too - i know cause i work for em /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They are pertty good about payin up too.

I've considered getting RAC Warranty after my Audi warranty expires, it looks good and you get a good deal on 2 year plans as well.

The Manufacturers Warranty is usually better.

Ive got a 2 year plan with the RAC, think its either their gold or platinum cover, got 3 months free and its £14.99 a month.

covers everything bar clutch, brakes and other consumables, includes 4WD stuff and turbo though, which were the main concerns for me

Mark

p.s. Audi Warranty will cover you even ifs its just causing an issue, most 3rd party warranties only cover you if something is actually broke. E.g. gears crunch between 2nd and 3rd, if its not physically broke and you can drive the car 3rd party warranty will not renew it Audi probably will after a few visits.