Klukking noise from the back

Dhaafier

Reaction score
Only when i make U turns. Feels like the rear diff is locked.
What can be the problem

Rear diff oil can get low and cause noise, so can the haldex. If I was you i'd get the rear diff oil changed (and haldex if it hasn't been done for a while) and see if the noise goes.

Mine was doing this....with the ESP warning light coming on straight away. It's now disappeared, don't know how, but leave it a while....it might just fix itself.

I do have a complete differential to include the haldex controller and subframe which i'll be selling in the classifieds soon. If you did need one that is. I bought this for my car but as it's fixed itself there's no need to replace it.

G

Mine was doing this....with the ESP warning light coming on straight away. It's now disappeared, don't know how, but leave it a while....it might just fix itself.

I do have a complete differential to include the haldex controller and subframe which i'll be selling in the classifieds soon. If you did need one that is. I bought this for my car but as it's fixed itself there's no need to replace it.

G

Thanks Guys.
Mr G will keep you posted.Im thinking of selling my car :think:

G

Thanks Guys.
Mr G will keep you posted.Im thinking of selling my car :think:

No worries. I was thinking the same thing, sell up! But what else is there that compares to the S3 for the money? Not much, so i've decided to stick with it.

G

Until the noise comes back and you've sold your replacement diff!!!

Agree, S3 is a fab all rounder for the money. What next? I've always fancied an Impreza just to say i've owned one but they can't tow horse boxes so another 4x4 for me i think!