Anybody with VAG-COM near Preston, (Lancashire?)

djarchive

Reaction score
Simple request.

Money and/or copious amounts of Beer offered in return. Would even was your Car to within a inch of its life too :sorry:

Got a shed loads of issues / wouldn't mind them being looked at please by somebody in the know-how.

Thank you.

(From a person in great need)
Joe

:bye:

You're in luck... I've Hex-USB+CAN and I'm up at my folks until tomorrow night/wednesday lunchtime (near the RPH).

We've only one small problem though, my laptop is almost flat and I've left the charger(s) 260 miles in a roughly south-westerly direction. If you've got a laptop, or we can be fast as hell, we're all good...

PM on the way...

Rob.

To save another thread and maybe its usefull for Joe too...can someone direct me to the correct vagcom i need for a 2001 S3 please? plenty on ebay but i dunno what im looking at. I assume i need the lead and the software so a bundle would be good! ta

Most of the leads on eBay are counterfeit, and are ropey to say the least. They'll only work with either a crappy old version of the software, or a hacked-to-death version included. Updates/future versions won't work at all.

As regards a genuine interface/software licence, you'd be alright with a KII USB (K-Line diagnostic vehicles only), but to be honest it's not all that much more expensive to get a HEX-USB+CAN, and at least you can be confident that lead will be compatible with (CAN-bus diagnostic) cars you might buy in the future, or mates' etc...

Full details of the packages available here: http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=VAGCOM

There are official UK distributers who can supply once you're ready to buy...

Regards,

Rob.

cheers Rob, I will get one from the guys you recommend.

....although i didnt realise they cost that much !

Last edited: