HELP!! Sidelight inside headlight

Stepho

Reaction score
My nearside sidelight bulb has fallen inside the Zenon headlight. Anyone know how I can recover this? Any help appreciated.

bumper off, 3 screws hold headlight in.

unplug and shake out.

not much else you can do unless you are handy with a stick and some bluetack. (depending where its fallen)

[ QUOTE ]
PaulS3 said:
bumper off, 3 screws hold headlight in.

unplug and shake out.

not much else you can do unless you are handy with a stick and some bluetack. (depending where its fallen)

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, best bet is to take the headlamp off- shoul be easy. I bought a new pair of headlamps for the a4 which had little bars to keep the insides safe during transit- these fell in a few times and were fine coming out- just take your time with it and should be fine.

Paul, you make it sound so easy, whats involved in taking the bumper off, that itself sounds a nightmare. Thanks for the quick response. I will try with a set of mechanical fingers tommorow. If that fails I think i will have to go down the road you suggested.

bumper off is fairly easy....

mines been off a couple of times... last time for samco's

IIRC there are about 5 or 6 Torx screws in each wheel arch, inc one under each corner..

2 phillips screws in middle of bumper underneath

and 4 "rivits" in the top edge ( under bonnet)

which you push the middles out of and through to release.

(mine i managed to pull out by threading a screw in the hollow end, it saves loosing the peg you would otherwise push out)

then its just a matter of splaying out the edges to clear the arch liners and its off

re fitting same in reverse

easier with two people first time, but last time i did mine , i did it completely on my own.

hold fire if it has a metal car on the bulb then go and buy yourself a cheap £1 magnet on a stick, put it in the hole for the side light and drag it out, you can slightly bend the magnet to get some good angles which is why it is best to buy a cheap one, alternatively go and buy a grabber and do the same, sont bother taking off the bumper, ive fished several out myself and never once taken the bumper off.

good luck fishing

Managed to fish it out. Removed high beam bulb and used mechanical fingers to remove the side light bulb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif