Fit cupholders to pre facelift without any Mods!!!

andrewjones

Reaction score
Just realised that the cup holders from a seat leon fit the pre facelifted A3 perfectly as they are the same size as the two blanking switches as the Seat Leon has the same dash as the pre facelift A3 and it has cup holders bingo!!!!

[image]http://www.telematikteam.de/.../ pkw%20_p-z_.html[/image]

Cool just means that you don't have to cut up the dash like you would if you use the one from the facelifted A3. This one pops straight in, just remove the blanking switches and pop it in. totally oem looking also.

Good find, I'm off to the local Seat garage tomorrow to buy the cup holder. I Might get discount as the Manager is a mate.
Cheers for the info.
h1.
P.S. Have you done this mod yourself.

Haven't had the chance yet to get to my local breakers for the holder but don't see wht this won't work as it is exactly the same size as the A3 blanking slot

I'll get one from the Seat dealer and have a go, I will let you know what it's like.
Cheers,
h1.

good spot. I off to seat on tuesday to get one then straight to macdonalds to try it out.

Ok I am going to pop into the Seat dealers tomorrow to get a price and also part no's and will then try and fit them to my car. Fingers crossed this works, if it does it going to be alot easier than hacking up the dash to make the face lifted ones fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

This is a great find, but unfortunately I won't be able to relocate my ESP switch next to rear heated windscreen switch because of the curved edge on the left hand blank.

[ QUOTE ]
Cage said:
This is a great find, but unfortunately I won't be able to relocate my ESP switch next to rear heated windscreen switch because of the curved edge on the left hand blank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point! No got my S3 yet to look but my thought is 'would a LHD A3/S3 have a right hand ESP switch as everything is round the other way?'

ok got the price for one, it is £16.09 inc vat, will post up part numbers when i get the receipt on wednesday and post uyp some pics of it fitted

IMO I wouldnt want any cup holders above my nice Car stereo.

What if your cup or can was to spill, leak or dribble into your face plate of the car stereo.

I for one would be well Pi$$ed.

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:

What if your cup or can was to spill, leak or dribble into your face plate of the car stereo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather the stereo than my lap!!

The cup holder I had in my TT did an excellent job but she isn't with me all the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The cup holder I had in my TT did an excellent job but she isn't with me all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Same problem!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a standard fitted cup-holder in my face-lift A3 in similar position and it is above the stereo also
seems to be an afterthought by Audi but it doesnt seem to leak so is ok

I have ordered the cup holder from Arnold Clark Seat (Edinburgh) and it is a wee bit more to buy than the one that NIAUDI is getting (£20.28+vat). The one thing you will have to do is move the rear demister switch to the blanking plate nearest the steering wheel as the holder is configured to work in the left hand side blanking plates. I have been to the showroom to check so take my word for it, The pic at the start of the forum is for a LHD car so the holder is on the right.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
h1.

Would it be possible to buy a holder for a left hand drive car? Would save moving the de-mister.
R

What a cracking find - will be phoning local Seat dealer tomorrow and sortin me out a cup holder!!!!! They ARE the way forward!!

[ QUOTE ]
NIAUDI said:
Can't wait to get this part my friends in work think that it is sad that i am geting all excited over a cup holder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm dam excited and not even got the car yet (two more sleeps to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Cool idea obviously im a baby and will wait for you guys to cut your fingers swear lots and cry before i try it then just copy your good idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif good thinking!

Every Seat dealer will be getting mass phone calls for these now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I bet they'l be wondering whats going on!

hey guys hate to worry you all but the dash on that car is not the same as on my 98 a3, the hazzard light switch is fitted differently and the two blanks have rounded corners, so the drinks holder would have to have two rounded corners also which in this pic does not!
has anybody tried it yet?

I was in the Seat dealership and the dash in the brand new leon is an exact match, I think the pic at the start of the post is for a slightly older model. The drinks holder in the new one had rounded corners all round if you know what I mean.

Has anyone done this yet...

I pick my S3 up tomorrow and will definately need a cup holder before the weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

just checked my S3 and cup holder should go okay if rear heater is moved to blank by ESP then two blank spaces on pass. side (all switches rounded right way)

I guess without heated seats all the same?

One thing I wondered was whether having holder on driver side might mean it gets in the way of using the indicator stalk..

[ QUOTE ]
bk1 said:
One thing I wondered was whether having holder on driver side might mean it gets in the way of using the indicator stalk..

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true...

With what I said above, mine would be located on passengers side (don't want to be hitting drinks when I turn wheel etc!)

I wouldn't have a problem with using the armrest to store a drink (mine has the cassette rack and the drink holder at the front), but the lid would never stay up on any kind of journey - it would have been a good idea to allow the lid to lock in the upright position really...

nice find, once other poeple do this, am gona do it 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif