Fit cupholders to pre facelift without any Mods!!!

is there a part number? seems like people have been asking for 9 years, i have pre facelift interior and the only cup holders are on the glove box lid that are really shallow and hold nothing stable!

Yeah that glove box one is a joke. I have the armrest insert but with a drink in it its a task changing gear. Your elbow has to be touching the roof lining lol. There are a few on ebay... At least 2 different part numbers (only the last character is different,,, not sure what the last character represents) i'll see if the one iv got is any good and let you know.

Never knew this thread existed- or putting a Leon cup holder in the area would work!

I have heated seats and the window heater switch but no ESP :arco:

Where were you thinking about moving the rear window heater switch to?

It does seem like its not a perfect fit. The leon cup holder has a flat edge on the right hand side where the audi switch is curved. If it is possable. That edge will need bodging some how.
Iv relocated before actually. In my a3. Theres a good place underneath the glove box, at the very right hand side in the shelf.

I think I will wait and see how this turns out....I've managed 4+ years without one....just always wished it came as standard!

The glove box lid is an absolute joke...I'm sure the Audi designers had a right giggle when they made that for us!

I'll carry on wedging my McDs drinks between the center console section and the seat bolster when it's fully extended out :) lol

Or get my passenger to hold it for me!

Fully extended you say? I must try that lol. Iv had too many spillages in mine.
I'll keep you posted...

Fully extended you say? I must try that lol. Iv had too many spillages in mine.
I'll keep you posted...

Yeah if you fully extended the bolster bit out....then have the seat more forward than you're probably used to - a McDs cup should fit in the little gap snuggly :) just keep an eye out when going over large bumps!

I have my passenger seat set up like that all the time to hold them- and when a passenger gets in I get them to hold my drink as chances are they will move the seat further back so the drink wouldn't be as secure.

Yeah if you fully extended the bolster bit out....then have the seat more forward than you're probably used to - a McDs cup should fit in the little gap snuggly :) just keep an eye out when going over large bumps!

I have my passenger seat set up like that all the time to hold them- and when a passenger gets in I get them to hold my drink as chances are they will move the seat further back so the drink wouldn't be as secure.

Haha, that's exactly what I do as well :thumbsup:

Reactions: kwistof
Ive bot got esp but have got heated seats, id happily move them but to where lol.

Ive bot got esp but have got heated seats, id happily move them but to where lol.

Im sort of in your boat dani. My esp can go... Im hoping the passenger heated seat switch will go and sit next to the drivers one on the right. Id have the cup holder to the left and just relocate the rear screen switch..

Id put the remaining rear screen heater on a smaller switch if i had the know how... Would make relocating a lot easier. I done it years ago on an a3 to make way for gauges. The best place i could find for a switch that size was under the glove box.

Hook line and sinker? Loool.... Dont judge me for what i done as a wee whippersnapper :p
Weren't a bad attempt at an un-guided retro fit. If i do say so myself :p
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368036139018024

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368186982112513
Ok. Thats a pic of the leon and the toledo together. Both seem the same apart from the picture of the cup lol.... Both have one flat edge :/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368189314770256
Thats the toledo ad. It looks rounded both ends in the pic here, but its not..
Id already bought the leon one.
Turned out ok though. The new one has smoother runners. Feels like theres road kill in the first one i got.

Early in the week i think mate. I work nights over the weekend.
Iv been thinking about creating an edge with some milliput putty then dremmel it nice and neat to fit but it'll need painting then and will look odd....
Iv just had a brain wave though. Its genius...

Its a lot of messing... Cutting, filing, araldite :)
I was thinking. Remove the face of the seat cup holder. Fabricate two audi blanks together and put in place of the seat face. Wont look out of place. Should have equal amount of wear as the rest of the dash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dani_B19
Ooh i like alot. So once the blanks, rear window button, heated seat buttons are removed does the cup holder just fit straight in?

Will find out in the next few days. If not tomorrow, i'll deffo have it appart monday. Will be good if it just clips in. If not, im sure it wont be too hard securing it some how.
Iv gone from boost gauges to cup holders lol. i must be getting old.

Take plenty of pics mate :).

your never too old to play with cars haha. Also which cup holder is yours in ebay so i can avoid it haha.

:) good good. I will do mate
Dont worry about that lol. I ended it last night when i realised id be chopping the one up. If it goes wrong i'll try not to destroy the second haha

I did last night off fleabay. Im pretty sure they was.the only ones listed though :/
What did you do with your esp. Did you blank yours yourself

Dash blanks can be brought from TPS cheaper than eBay mate I brought some last week around 2 quid each

Ooh i like alot. So once the blanks, rear window button, heated seat buttons are removed does the cup holder just fit straight in?

I had a look this morning mate. Its not going to be easy.
For one, the h/seat switches are bigger than the other two. Will need to cut away at the cage if we want them to sit together. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368400627740731
And two, the divider separating the space we need for the cup holder goes all the way to the back of the cage. that will need cutting out... Looks like its going to need some bodging to secure in place ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368400895356950
Did i say bodging... I meant improvisation :)

Dash blanks can be brought from TPS cheaper than eBay mate I brought some last week around 2 quid each

I just had a look at TPS's website mate. Im technically a member of the public. Does that mean iv got no chance of buying from there :/