If i didnt already have a S3 i would have wrapped this little beauty up!!!!!

S3LOV

Reaction score
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../radius/1501/page/1/postcode/lu20qb?logcode=p

Was looking around on autotrader for a S3, even though i already have one (just to make myself feel better, that mine was a good buy) but when i saw this i just wanted the wheels ! The car looks awesome, i rang the guy up and tried to see how much i could knock off the price, and got him down to £6k for it.:hubbahubba:
Looks awseome in the pics, i wish i saw this when i was looking for one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sorry:

Anyone know where i could get wheels like that, im abit unsure they would look nice on a green s3, as they are polished with black inserts, might think about gettin them resprayed.........

I still look at s3's all the time on autotrader get a few
nice ones buts some really bad ones too!!!

i thought it was just me who still keeps an eye out!!!!! I think this is quite a nice example though the guy did say it was mint, i think i should have waited for the right one before jumping on the green one i brought, green looks ok in the dark but still abit unsure during the day! Tempted to buy this and give mine to my partner, 2 S3s would cost a bomb to run though

It is nice, why dont you just sell your car after you bought that one? no point in having a car you dont like the look of lol.

ye i know i am considering buying another but i think i should keep it for a few months longer, because if i sell it now looks bit suspect after only having it a couple of months dont you think? well thats my opinion and plus i have been told i paid a bit too much for it so i dont wana tell the missus ive made a loss on it hehe....... but i thought i would be a nice s3 owner and share a nice example for others to enjoy or even consider buying :D

very similar condition to mine I just bought, similar mileage too but mines completely stock...nice example

I did see some dogs too of course but I discovered its worth waiting for a good one, at this age they will all benifit from a bit of tlc, i did cam belt and pump today etc and will just sort the dampers (all original) and its a gem.

The only problem I see from just looking at the photos is why none of the steering and dials ?

By the way different i know but I think the black RS4 rims shown on the link above would look smart on a green S3

i don't see any thing special about that s3 i would'nt sell my s3 and buy another unless it was special or better then the one i have. i look on p/h and autotrader all the time and have seen a few green ones and really like them stick with it especially if its a clean tidy example as they are hard to come by seeing a car on an advert does not mean its as nice as you want it to be.

an alternative to the rochford wheels are these mam6 alloys better quality the cheap replicas are pron to cracking so if i were to buy replica wheels id buy some mam's pay more but better quality. i had replicas on mine when i brought it and they cracked
http://www.rimstyle.com/products/de...rer=mam;model=758;id=MAMM6MB18808051003838490

ye i know green is a nice colour im not knocking it but ive only ever owned black or silver cars and i just thought i would try something different and i saw the green one i have and i did like it alot but i think there are definitely better colours, esp silver as i think it shows the curves better than others but thats just my opionion...

im not too sure why he didnt take a picture of the dials or steering, but he was honest with me and said the interior is mint and doesnt reflect the mileage and from what i can see from the pics he seems to be telling the truth, but then he does want to sell it doesnt he lol

Yes definitely seeing a car in the "flesh" is completely different to just pictures but i cant see much wrong with it in terms of bodywork etc.....

The only reason i rang the guy up was becasue i was interested and if i could get it for under £5700 which is a fair price i would have brought it and sold mine because i got mine quite cheap :icon_thumright:

i think that its just a nice example....isnt over done with wheels that dont suit the car or anything like that, so in that sense i like it, because im more of trying to keep it as close to factory as possible!!!

AND thanks guys for sending me them links appreciate it, i think i will take your advice and stick it out with green for a while see how i feel in the summer and maybe get some new alloys and some new tyres coz budgets are *****!!!

That car is owned by a friend!

Why knock him down on price or even bother calling him, if your not genuine about buying it, Im sure you would not like it if your time was being wasted!!!

on the other hand if your considering to buy it if he has knocked it down to 6k on the phone, im sure you will be able to get a lil more out him

Last edited:
As i said before mate if i could have got it for £5700 i would have brought it but he wouldnt budge on £6000, so that would mean it would be out of budget for me and i told him my situation on the phone, so i think i didnt waste his or my time..........

As you've seen it in the flesh, what do you think of it? Worth the money hes asking for?

hasnt even got 12 months mot! i wouldnt pay 6500 for it, i think 5700 is a fair amount TBH! Would be worth more if it was ming blue...

is it me or does this look like every silver S3 out there with a different set of wheels.... granted credit where its due but its not worth its own thread