Boot self opening

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Do problems come in ones? nope!!

Sat at some traffic lights earlier and the boot mechanism just started opening and closing...happend about 20 times then stopped when i pulled off, DIS showed boot open, next light it did it again.....and again and again then stopped doing it afer id closed the boot....then almost home after another 10 miles, then did it again!!

any ideas?

exorcism might be an option

Exorcism could solve all your problems but try to undo the rear panel first, unplug the switch , give it a clean, pray to god, then plug it back in, worth a try, could have a little moisture in there :)

cool...chars chaps

i did wonder if it could be a puddle within the seals :)

cool...chars chaps

i did wonder if it could be a puddle within the seals :)

May as well get a TVR for excellent reliability

Have a look at the pressure switch at the lock mechanism. May be dirty or corroded

if the mechanism is rusted i.e mullard and the latch is moving, it will be pressing on the sensor and jibbing it out..

£19 from the stealers gets you a new lock. 2 screws and 2 10mm bolts later, you problem has gone!

right just stripped it all down, took apart the pressure pads which are powered by a microswitch inside..... cleaned inside where there was no corrosion, refitted and upon connecting the left hand side, the mechanism moved....

neither pad would open the boot etc o i ran a piece of wire across bth connectors - in summary i found that by unplugging one the other worked, both plugged in neither worked so one must have been stuck (microswitch)

so im gonna replace both when i can get to the stealers next, anyone bought these yet? im gonna replace both as the one that does work still has moisture in :(