proper regulations for remap

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
The misus insurance company will insure her for her mapped car....on the proviso that she provides evidence that it has been carried out under the correct regualtions

am i right in thinking they think we should have the car inspected and the V5 updated???

if so whats the crack here, are we all breaking the law somehow :/

Never been asked for that mate, just which remap it was and the estimated gain it would provide.

Which insurance company is it?

um, it's Premium choice

she's moving to Flux though as they have quoted £468 with all the planned mods for a 25 yr old with 6yrs NCB - not bad at all, although we will be playing greenlight off of them ;)

Maybe if you provide the reciept with a company name etc on it then itrs cool, perhaps its to prevent you flashing it yourself maybe??.

possibly, although im now wondering where we stand with regards power figure on the V5.... shows that doesnt it? (i dont have one handy ATM)

no pwer figures on V5C just Co2 figures.. Adrian flux didnt need proof of any of my mods on my last car, and she had a few......

In fact i couldnt get DVLA to change the V5 to reflect it was a turbo car, tossers

I'm with Flux and I had no issues with any mods...all declared and to be honest it didnt make the premium any higher!.

I must phone them and tell them I'm running the original wheels again ;)

okies that sounds like it will be ok then....prob just a tail end who doesnt know what remapping involves