Locking Wheel Nut (Splined)

Els

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I am picking up my S3 on the weekend but I would like to change the front wheels/tyres over but the locking wheel key isn't about.

Is it a case of going to Audi and waiting until they can get they key and nut in stock or can I take it off at a tyre place and put a non audi one on?

Hope that makes sense.

It depends. If you don't mind possibly damaging the locking nut, then there are ways of taking it of (spanners and screw drivers rammed in).

If you want to keep the bolt, ask Audi :(

Just to be sure we don't aid a oxygen thief in taking a members alloys I have deleted it beachbuggy :icon_thumright:

No problems, totally understand... hate for mine to be knicked because of something I posted..

Just for the record, Smith Knight Fay (Bolton Audi) supplied me a new key when I went into the dealership with my V5. I also had a key which fit to show them the number on it (I sent an all staff email around the office for people with VAG cars to lend me their keys and luckily my mate upstairs had one from his R32 which fit), but I don't think that was crucial. I'd imagine they'd have one of each (and there aren't that many) to offer-up to check if required...

Regards,

Rob.

s3dave you are a legend, cheers for that link.

EDIT: I spoke to Docklands Audi earlier and they said they no longer sell the locking wheel key by itself, only a whole new set.
Ordered the key from Zak Parts as dave said, arriving tomorrow :rockwoot:

Last edited: