Anyone got Eibach lowering springs?

i have these on my A3. they are a 40mm drop as stated, but they have deffo dropped more than 40mm after running them for nearly 3 months. I dont mind this tbh as my car did sit very high to start off with.

It does however handle like a go cart! its stupid quick round corners.

this is how it sits on 17s
SDC10977.jpg

SDC10969.jpg

can prob just about fit 1 finger between arch and top of rear wheel.
:)

Last edited:
think im going to go for the eibachs. with the 40mm drop, do you think im going to need tie bars to sort out the camber?

i just slamed me springs on and got a full geomitry set up. mines ok :)

Im running Eibach -25mm springs and theyre great, I couldn't recommend them more! Are you running oem dampers? just because if you are, the general consensus seems to be get them uprated at the same time. I did and the car is nice and smooth when driving regularly but sharp and precise when pushing it throught the corners.

yea im still on the OEM dampers. Cant really afford to do both at the same time. Ive got 17" Avus on 225x45's, do you reckon a 40mm drop will be enough to fill the arches out?

dont you need to get adjustable tie bars if your going that low ? pretty sur eyou can get away with it if your going -25mm

I've got KW springs but if i was to choose any other it would have to be H&R, the S3 sits well on these springs, more evenly front and back. I've seen 8L S3's on Eibachs and the front always seems to look a little on the high side

If you have an S3 or quattro A3 then any drop of 25mm or more would ideally need tie bars to bring the rear camber back in... certianly needed for 40mm drop but tbh if you are using OEM dampers with a 40mm drop I would imagine the ride will be very crashy as at 40mm you won't have any damping travel left... Bilstien B8's are designed around a modified damper to allow for damping on lowering springs but I run -30mm apex springs on mine and the fronts occasionally crash on deepish ruts and potholes...

20100301_IMG_4011.jpg

<tuffty/>

tuffty im planning on getting a set of RSTT rims in the future and love how they look on your S3 with those 30mm Apex springs. So your set up seems perfect for what im looking for! Where did you get them from and how much?

Yarp, they are the ones I have.... no idea on the drop but the pic above is how the car currently sits. The springs I got had already been used so guess they didn't need that much settling :)

<tuffty/>