bleeding the brakes on my s3

1an

Reaction score
basically i was goign to change the flexi hoseso n my s3 to braided hose but once removed turned out they didnt fit correctly s ohad to replace with the standard flexi hoses.

ive bled the brakes starting from the furthest point and get a solid pedal untill i start the car then it drops to the floor.

from what ive read im going to need to get hold of vagcom to allow me to bleed the system correctly or does anyone have any tips o sorting this problem out?

cheers ian

What method did you use? Pressure bleeder such as the Gunsons Eezi Bleed is the best way.... pump the peddle technique can damage the seals in the master cylinder.

Also need to bleed the master cylinder using the 2 bleed nipples on it.

No need for VAGCOM to cycle the ABS as you have only removed a hose, won't be air in that part of the system any way.

USing the pressure bleeder will mean you are less likely to let the fluid level drop to a point that you would need to bleed the clutch too..

<tuffty/>

bleed nipple on the master cyl

i cocked up a few years back putting new brake fluid in an a3 the night before a track day. my pressure bleeder failed and i filled the whole system with air

i faffed around for HOURS, even offered the girl to take my golf to the track day instead!

eventually i found the bleed nipples on the master cyl and everything was cured.

ok looks like ill need to bleed the master cylinder then, where abouts are the bleed nipples as its quite tight there anyway, is it best to remove the charge pipe?

cheers fir the info.

ok looks like ill need to bleed the master cylinder then, where abouts are the bleed nipples as its quite tight there anyway, is it best to remove the charge pipe?

cheers fir the info.

Look under the fluid reservoir and you will see the master cylinder with two bleed nipples on top of it. Not very easy to get too. Can probably be done without removing anything, but I'd recommend taking off the charge pipe and strut bar to make it easier.

As said, you only need VAGCOM if you want to cycle the ABS, which is only necessary if you have drained alot of fluid. Saw a Gunson pressure bleeder working the other day, makes it a whole lot easier.

A usefull guide here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3184085

Last edited: