Over 400bhp Wanted, Whats Needed

Pat

Reaction score
Well I`m still in process I`m sorting suspension out but I`ll will be looking into dropping engine very soon..

My goal is 400bhp at minimum.. I`ll be looking at a bigger turbo and internals.. but wondered which is best way to go about it..

My cars about 320 at present but 400 is my benchmark

read tufftys thread is a good starting point
engine internals essential and a decent budget for realistic power of this level, done properly

Something like this....

SDC10945.jpg

That car should have been made by audi its that good what was the performance like im sorry if u r used to tellin people just wanna know???

Very very very fast....noise was immense...470 bhp insane car, absolutely mental

Very nice I saw that you sold it on pistonheads what car u got now and are you gonna put a bigger engine into it??

Be k to have a lump like fazs but wanna keep the OE.. Money isnt really an issue as it will be a long term project and have the right contacts..

Just wanted to know whos actually got some s3,tts running over 400 and whats been done..

I`m working on suspension at min.. engine will be later this year

GT3071 at least, bigger injectors than 550's, I run 630's but getting close to max duty cycle, large port head then maybe a SEM inlet and 75/80mm throttle body.

Internals wise, rods is pretty much all you need unless you are up for rebuilding the entire engine... no need to go 2ltr stroker but would advise a head rebuild with supertech valves, springs and retainers.

Last time I had mine on a dyno, it was producing 383bhp with a boost leak (was running just over 1 bar), a std (original) exhaust system and was over fuelling due to high EGT's.

EGT issue is now sorted, I have a full 3" straight thorough exhaust and will be running 1.7bar once the new map has been loaded on... no idea what the power will be then but should be in the region of 400bhp...

Have a read of my thread for some ideas but if you don't mind pushing the boat out a bit, try 483bhp from a similar setup on the Polo built by Badger Bill

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=218680

<tuffty/>

Had some fun with an Audi TT. Thrashed me

It was a 480bhp 2.1 litre!