What S3 to buy?

Where are those pics Matt?? ;)

Temp should get to 90 and stay there once fully warmed up mate.

As for the dump valve, I hope they fitted a recirculation diverter valve, as S3's run horrible with dump valves fitted, and they should be near silent, no loud hiss, maybe a silent one. Any text embossed on the valve to give a clue on what you have fitted? FORGE is usually what people go for, have a look.

There is a whine - i presume thats the turbo as i go above 4k rpm and when changing gear there is a what sounds like a release of pressure - its not very loud, can't hear it when have the radio on and only when i rev it to near full Rpm.

I had a look under the bonnet. Its connected to the inlet manifold pipes with the main thing (cylindrical metal object) attached to the pipe and a little tube coming off the device going somewhere i can't see. Its says Bailey motorsport on it and its blue - i'm not 100% sure it is a dump valve, just assuming....

Any ideas what could be causing it not to get to temp? Will it be expensive to fix?!

Cheers

Sounds like a Bailey DV to me. From reading threads on here, most suggest getting rid and changing back to the standard re-circ one (Bosch I think). Shouldn't be expensive, + you can sell the DV on eBay :)

There is a whine - i presume thats the turbo as i go above 4k rpm and when changing gear there is a what sounds like a release of pressure - its not very loud, can't hear it when have the radio on and only when i rev it to near full Rpm.

I had a look under the bonnet. Its connected to the inlet manifold pipes with the main thing (cylindrical metal object) attached to the pipe and a little tube coming off the device going somewhere i can't see. Its says Bailey motorsport on it and its blue - i'm not 100% sure it is a dump valve, just assuming....

Any ideas what could be causing it not to get to temp? Will it be expensive to fix?!

Cheers

The turbo shouldn't whine, it should start spooling up under load from 2k revs onwards, and will be max boost under full throttle around 3k revs onwards, and when you release the throttle, the divertor valve will release excess boost pressure back into the inlet as opposed to the atmosphere like most jap cars do. Turbo spool up sound is hard to describe in text, you need to watch a few YT vids, it's more like a sssssssssss that gets louder as it spools up, but it wouldn't be too noticeable on a standard car.

If the valve noise can't be heard over the radio, then it's not that loud, sound like you have a correct divertor valve fitted to me.

Temp problem could be a few things, temp sender is a possibility, knackered water pump or thermostat are other reasons for temps not hitting 90, you should get it checked out though.

Did the standard car come with a Bosch dump valve as standard then? I don't really have a problem with it, the car drives really well in my opinion - might change in the future but more interested in getting a set of RSTT wheels first. The Avus are really nice but can't help thinking would look better with the sportier 18's.

Thanks Jojo. Your description sounds like what my car is doing - so nothing out of the ordinary there. I saw some other threads from a while ago and seems like temp problem is quite common. Presumably if the temp sensor is ******** the engine will run fine it'll just give me faulty readings?

Did the standard car come with a Bosch dump valve as standard then? I don't really have a problem with it, the car drives really well in my opinion - might change in the future but more interested in getting a set of RSTT wheels first. The Avus are really nice but can't help thinking would look better with the sportier 18's.
The standard DV is Bosch made and is made of plastic, most people upgrade to a metal when they remap, as they are more reliable... supposedly.

Thanks Jojo. Your description sounds like what my car is doing - so nothing out of the ordinary there. I saw some other threads from a while ago and seems like temp problem is quite common. Presumably if the temp sensor is ******** the engine will run fine it'll just give me faulty readings?

Best case scenario is temp sensor mate, worst case is water pump, as it's ran by the cambelt, sitting somewhere in between the two is knackered thermostat. You need someone who knows about these problems to have a look if I'm being honest, for a proper diagnosis, I could be way off....

2002 Dolphin grey, 70k miles and they want £10,995 for it

Worth every penny, sounds like a beauty!;)

Sounds like a Bailey DV to me. From reading threads on here, most suggest getting rid and changing back to the standard re-circ one (Bosch I think). Shouldn't be expensive, + you can sell the DV on eBay :)

I've never seen anyone on here saying 'sell your Bailey DV or Forge 007p and change back to standard'. I've heard people say that about the Forge Split-R though, but that's a different kettle of fish.

So has the ECU been remapped then if a Bailey DV has been fitted? I wasn't aware this car had any mods when i bought it, not that i'm complaining though - its pretty rapid!!

Whats standard remap - 222bhp - 260 bhp?