Driver door sensor!!!

MURRAYS444

Reaction score
Right Please help me as I might be losing my mind with this.
When It is a sunny day and I get into the car the dash display shows that the door is still open and the only way to correct this is to slam it shut is it just me or has the sun reflecting on it got something to do with it.
Any help please!!!

I have this same problem, intermittently. I read a post on here a few weeks back saying something about a little plastic lever in the door lock which needs adjusting or something. Can be seen from the latch area.

I think I can remember something about that there was use of a screwdriver in the door lock or something like that!!!

Really common problem, also happened to my S3. Did it in the summer when it was warm but not when it was cold. Problem is, when it thinks the door is open the interior light stays on & the alarm doesn't activate. There are lots of threads on here about it. Try this:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=76603

I gave up and had the senor replaced. Now all is good again.

same on mine happened, replaced the door lock mechanism which has the sensor inside, which is the culprit. Sensor sticks which still shows the door still open even thogh its closed!

Unfortunately have to by the whole unit, and not just the sensor. When i bought mine 6months ago from audi they was £60

You can do it without replacing the unit, I have done it on mine, you have to get a thin screwdriver, or a wire coat hanger into the locking mechanism and there is a awhite bit that needs to be pulled out a bit, you can see when you have got it, as the light at the bottom of the door will go on and off.

If yuo do a search there are a couple of good write ups on this with pics :)

Maybe a stupid question but, are you still able to use the same key after you have changed the lock? i.e. is the key not cut to fit one lock only? or is that part of the lock different to the part you're on about?

Yes you can use the same key, its just the locking mechanism that changes, although the car should have Central Locking on it, so you wont really need to use the key, will you??

No, not likely to use it, but if the battery dies in the key fob you need to unlock the door with the key and then put the key into the ignition within 10 seconds? to stop the alarm going off.

You can do it without replacing the unit, I have done it on mine, you have to get a thin screwdriver, or a wire coat hanger into the locking mechanism and there is a awhite bit that needs to be pulled out a bit, you can see when you have got it, as the light at the bottom of the door will go on and off.

If yuo do a search there are a couple of good write ups on this with pics :)

:D

Thanks for the help Gonna attack the door with a screwdriver in a good way!!!