trouble with a3

Jay-a3

Reaction score
hi peeps, i recently changed my maf sensor, its not a genuine bosh one and ever since ive been getting a 17705 code. would this be because of the maf sensor or something else?the engine management light was on before i changed the sensor an it went of as soon as i changed it and hasnt come back on.
anybody have any ideas??
thanks alot

its a 1.8t by the way lol

Not the maf sensor; probably a split hose somewhere

17705/P1297/004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
Possible Symptoms

* Power Loss

Possible Causes

* Leaking hoses and/or pipes between components
* Check Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)

Possible Solutions

* Check hoses and/or pipes between components
* Check / Replace Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)
* Check / clean Throttle Valve, do Throttle Body Alignment

Special Notes

* Did anyone fitted an extra (wrong) dump valve?

i have had an extra dv fitted but it seems to be working fine and there is no signs of split pipes. sometimes when starting in the morning it struggles to run so last time it did this i umplugged the maf and the car idles fine then?is that just a coinsidense. the codes intermitent by the way

jamie , dont suppose you have your old knackerd maf do you?

My moneys on a vac leak somewhere.

I thought the non genuine Bosch MAF's were crap as a few people have had bad experiences with these. My friend had one on his A4 and it cocked up within 2 days!

yes alpine i have my old one mate.
so you recon it could be it trooper?is there any way a garage could test the maf?

Jamie, if you have no use for it im after a MAF housing (with out the sensor) i de-meshed mine (as most do) but my car dont like it... want to sell me your busted Maf dude?

i cleaned the old one last weekend and when i went out for a spin the car felt like it was missing when driving.didnt let it dry for an hour tho more like 15mins

sorry alpine i only replaced the sensor dude so i still use the old housing. what does de messing it do?

ahhh no problem! some say its restrictive, i day its needed, as mine has flat spots now where it didnt before. my sensors fine and i cant just buy a housing! gotta love audis!

you tried ebay? so you think it may be a vac leak then?would that cause the dodgy running.stalls sumtimes

yep and yep! :) if the revs are going up n down all the time it could well be a dirty Throttle body.

ok thanks matey ill let ya know what it is