headLights/numberplate Overhaul due ,advice required

boostboy

Reaction score
sup guys

my front headlights are crap they look yellow one of my sidelights is out as well so on my travels i came across this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230417782753&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
what u guys reckon , its everything i need sidelights beams and headlights ,seems cheap too

also while im on the subject i might aswell update my numberplate lights
i came across this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-A4-S3...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item414cd94f5c

its only one bulb i thought they have two lights what u guys reckon of this

once again thanks in anticipation :icon_thumright:

See two threads further down the list (last posts yesterday/this morning)... One about 100W bulbs, another about LED number plate lights?

//R

can anyone tell me if these products are compatible with my 8L 1.8t

For number plate lights you need 2 x 37mm white LED festoon type bulbs. There are loads of suppliers on egay but a google search will bring up lots of shops that sell them. The ones you have posted should work though.

As for the headlight bulbs then they would also fit, however be warned (as stated in the ad) that they are not approved for road use. However chances of you getting pinched for them is very slim indeed. Bear in mind that they are 100w and will get F hot, I've read a few horror stories about headlight internals melting/burning etc due to the head they produce.

100W bulbs will go in, they may work OK, they may look inexplicably dark. There is a risk (depending on the type of headlight you have I guess) that you could melt the lenses, but regardless of which headlights you have, AFAIK the wiring isn't rated for 100W, and there have been stories of it burning out - apparently the same can happen with your headlight switch. They're an 'on your head be it' mod. Personally I wouldn't risk it.

As for the LED number-plate bulbs, so long as you get the correct fitment you should have no problem at all - the car doesn't keep an eye on those lines for blown bulbs, so no risk of false warning-lights etc.

...Pretty much covered in the other threads though?

All the best,

Rob.

Yep, pretty well covered. I'd suggest there's a certain amount of common sense that needs to be applied when dealing with vehicle electrics.

Although the headlight bulbs in that kit are wrong (in relation to my lamps anyway) as I have H7's and H4's in mine. However it is a pre-facelift car so it may differ...but that ads still wrong as it says mines H1 fitment....fail.

T

Yep, pretty sure as my fogs are in the main headlight cluster (pre facelift) so the 'full beam' is also the fog light bulb :) Its the most inward of the 2 bulbs, front fog light and then full beam in one bulb shaped package.

And that splains it! Mine didn't have front frogs. Ribbit! :)

Must be H7 and H4 for models with front fogs, and H7 and H1 for those without.

//R

Yep, unless it has fog lights in the lower bumper such as the facelift cars...then it'll have fog lights and need H7 and H1. So not confusing at all!.

But the long and short of it is...that ebay ad is still wrong :)

Well, it's wrong for prefacelift with fogs, but right for prefacelift without fogs, and facelift with or without fogs. I reckon we've nailed it(?) :)

//R