Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status

1.8T 150 with APR chip anyone?

Hi All,

I'm seriously considering booking the car into Awesome GTI to have an APR chip/software upgrade (due to the 20% discount offer [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]), but before I do I just wanted to hear from anyone who has done the same? Jimbo was kind enough to take me for spin in his APR'd A3 Quattro which was impressive, but i'd be interested to hear some comments on the differences it makes to the 150hp lump.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: 1.8T 150 with APR chip anyone?

I have an APR chip on my A4 and I have to say I am impressed with its power and smoothness. I can't say how it will be for an A3 but I'm sure it will be pretty much the same. I also have no experience with any other performance chip to compare it to.

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    jimboA3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    DickyS3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Funky_Junky said:
    Hi All,

I'm seriously considering booking the car into Awesome GTI to have an APR chip/software upgrade (due to the 20% discount offer [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]), but before I do I just wanted to hear from anyone who has done the same? Jimbo was kind enough to take me for spin in his APR'd A3 Quattro which was impressive, but i'd be interested to hear some comments on the differences it makes to the 150hp lump.

[/ QUOTE ]

the non-quattro should be quicker due to less transmission loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the wet ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    jimboA3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    DickyS3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Funky_Junky said:
    Hi All,

[/ QUOTE ]

the non-quattro should be quicker due to less transmission loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the wet ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah putting the power down did cross my mind as a concern as I don't have traction control....but then again i'll just have to buy wider wheels [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

17 x 10 is the way forward ! Trust me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

What is the cost of the APR Chip, and what effect does it have on the fuel economy ???

S3 Drift King!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    jiffi said:
    What is the cost of the APR Chip, and what effect does it have on the fuel economy ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Look in the groupbuy section fro the 20% off deal, and fuel economy is generally better with normal driving, but obviously worse if you drive like you've just stolen it most of the time.