AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

beeping from s3' boot area????

any idea's why i'm sometimes getting 4 short beeps from the boot area wen i start up my 2000 reg s3????

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Its the alarm battery back up telling you it low mine did it for a while then sorted its self out , if it doesn't you nee to fit a new siren as the battery is part of it i think you must be able to just replace the battery but second hand sirens are out there cheaper

Rob

Reverse Gear

Status
    ahh...right well it hasn't done it for a few days so hope its sorted itself out too, if not will be new part needed. cheers for that!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I replaced the batteries in my alarm siren over a year ago and have had no problems since. It's a relatively straight forward job involving cutting open the alarm casing and soldering the new batteries in place. Worth a try and much cheaper than buying a new siren. I followed this 'how to' guide from the tt forum. http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73315

Administrator

Status
    Worth having a nosey perhaps too, if it's stopped beeping because it's got some juice back in it you're laughing; if it's stopped beeping because it's completely dead, the next thing they do is leak - which generally kills the siren...

Regards,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

2nd Gear

Status
    i was told by Audi that it was a failed central locking pump. When I asked how much for a new pump they quoted 300!!!!!! No way was I paying that much. I put it on VAG Com and the fault code says potential leak. They apparently work using a vacuum and it could be a leak or just a hose has come loose. Good luck in finding out what yours is.
    Now: 2009 S3 8P3 DSG. Mods: Revo Stage 2+, Full TBE, Autotech HPFP, Revo CAI, H&R ARBs, SuperPro Anti-Lift Kit, Rev D, Cruise control, LED interior lights upgrade, Rear DRLs... SPS & VCDS.
    Previously: 2001 AMK S3, Silver, Revo Remap, Milltek DV, KW Springs & Shocks, H&R ARB.

Administrator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbzeeee View Post
    i was told by Audi that it was a failed central locking pump. When I asked how much for a new pump they quoted 300!!!!!! No way was I paying that much. I put it on VAG Com and the fault code says potential leak. They apparently work using a vacuum and it could be a leak or just a hose has come loose. Good luck in finding out what yours is.
    AFAIK that's a different problem entirely...

The code you had was "Central Locking Pump Run Time Too Long (Likely Leak)" - or words to that effect - and is the reason when you unlock the car it goes wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuw instead of wuuuw (come on, someone else find a better way to type the noise it makes! ). If you're getting three beeps as well, as above the backup battery for the siren is low (either because it just is, or because it's somehow not being charged).
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.