beeping from s3' boot area????

S3 NPD

Reaction score
any idea's why i'm sometimes getting 4 short beeps from the boot area wen i start up my 2000 reg s3???? :crying:

Its the alarm battery back up telling you it low mine did it for a while then sorted its self out , if it doesn't you nee to fit a new siren as the battery is part of it i think you must be able to just replace the battery but second hand sirens are out there cheaper

Rob

ahh...right well it hasn't done it for a few days so hope its sorted itself out too, if not will be new part needed. cheers for that!

I replaced the batteries in my alarm siren over a year ago and have had no problems since. It's a relatively straight forward job involving cutting open the alarm casing and soldering the new batteries in place. Worth a try and much cheaper than buying a new siren. I followed this 'how to' guide from the tt forum. http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73315

Worth having a nosey perhaps too, if it's stopped beeping because it's got some juice back in it you're laughing; if it's stopped beeping because it's completely dead, the next thing they do is leak - which generally kills the siren...

Regards,

Rob.

i was told by Audi that it was a failed central locking pump. When I asked how much for a new pump they quoted £300!!!!!! No way was I paying that much. I put it on VAG Com and the fault code says potential leak. They apparently work using a vacuum and it could be a leak or just a hose has come loose. Good luck in finding out what yours is.

i was told by Audi that it was a failed central locking pump. When I asked how much for a new pump they quoted £300!!!!!! No way was I paying that much. I put it on VAG Com and the fault code says potential leak. They apparently work using a vacuum and it could be a leak or just a hose has come loose. Good luck in finding out what yours is.
AFAIK that's a different problem entirely...

The code you had was "Central Locking Pump Run Time Too Long (Likely Leak)" - or words to that effect - and is the reason when you unlock the car it goes wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuw instead of wuuuw (come on, someone else find a better way to type the noise it makes! :p). If you're getting three beeps as well, as above the backup battery for the siren is low (either because it just is, or because it's somehow not being charged).