Audi S3 Coilovers - which ones??

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm looking for coilys for my S3 but i'm really stuck! They're pretty expensive but i don't want to spend that much on them! I know if i have a low budget i'd end up with some crappy budget coilys but i don't want that.

So, what's the best cheapest coilover set to go for? Obviously needs to have a good ride quality etc! Advice please :)

Thanks!

Jay

dude theres been too many threads about coilovers, just do a search

if on a budget go for the jamex ones (see stickies at top of page) for around £300 i dont think you can complain, my mate just had them fitted to his mk4 1.8t and he loves them

if on a really tight budget check out rokkor coilovers on ebay £160 iirc but you get what you pay for

unless you are going to hammer it round a track every weekend i dont see no point in splashing out on expensive coilovers, in fact i dont really see the need for them at all apart from custom ride height which you will set once and probably never touch again, imo of course

hope that helps mate

Cheers Jonny. I've done search but hardly anything came up.

I've been looking at the different range and there are some silly expensive ones like KW's! Madness! I just want something with very good ride quality, not bumpy and harsh on the roads, and just get it lower!

Jay

I have been looking at the KW V1 coilovers but the price is rather high.

I think it just depends what you are going to use the car for as well.

I'm Maxeh off Club Polo by the way Troopa

Thanks for that buty yeah i am looking to go lower than 20mm so coilys is what i will definitely need.

Maxeh - good to see you on here! What happened to the Polo? You had a Mk5 didn't you?

ive got ap coilovers cost me £350 and i cant fault them one bit,
the ride isnt much harder than standard which is a bonus on are great roads
i was in the same boat as you jus wanted to drop my car to a level i like without the hard ride and the ap's have been great

Thanks Damian, i've been looking at the AP's and heard good reviews about them. Just trying to figure out what i'm going to get so i can save :)

ive got ap coilovers cost me £350 and i cant fault them one bit,
the ride isnt much harder than standard which is a bonus on are great roads
i was in the same boat as you jus wanted to drop my car to a level i like without the hard ride and the ap's have been great

Nice bit of info as i was look at these and wanted to know who had them

Good to know there ok on the S3

go for ap's i have them there made by kw so will be to a very good standard i really could'nt have asked for much more from the coilovers then what i got ride is spot on height adjustment is good back end would have been better if had more adjustment but its as high as i want it so thats good enough, price is fantastic for what you get build quality is good,
basicaly your be getting cheap but very good coilovers probably to kw v1 standards anyway i doubt they lower there standards that much just re-brand them to sell more i guess

if you just want to lower or raise your car when you want without having to buy different springs or keep changing them because its not low enough or to low and not into racing your pride and joy then the ap's are great.
not that my car doesnt handle my friends have followed me and have said theres barely any body roll and its more than capable of going quick round the twisty stuff lol, i have esp permanently off and i have never come unstuck in a bend

Maxeh - good to see you on here! What happened to the Polo? You had a Mk5 didn't you?

Nah I have a G40 (still got it) I posted that I spotted you at a petrol station not that long ago if you can remember!

im also interested in some coilovers im not to worried about lowering the car to much, more interested in it handling really well., was driving at about 100 the other day round a slight bend and the car was all over the show.
need something a bit stiffer would the ap coilovers help this?

im also interested in some coilovers im not to worried about lowering the car to much, more interested in it handling really well., was driving at about 100 the other day round a slight bend and the car was all over the show.
need something a bit stiffer would the ap coilovers help this?

...slowing down to a more legal speed may also help....

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Mrharris2
Thanks for the advice guys, looks like AP's will be the ones then! A few months and i'll be ready! Saying that, being my impatient self i'll probably get them in a couple of months! lol

...slowing down to a more legal speed may also help....

<tuffty/>

it was on the autobahns in Germany ...lol

Reactions: SamHendry
i did abit of reading into K-sport coilovers which ive purchased for a good price new, and they are getting some awesome reviews from VW owners all over the world from what ive read yes theres been some that dont like them but they are height, rebound and dampning sdjustable aswell, shall see what they are really like when they arrive.