Our new KingfisherA3 :)

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
The Mini finally sold on Friday - gone but not forgotten :(

After a nice 540 mile drive to Scotland and back, this is the misus new car :) .... all the bushes have been done, cambelt, waterpump, just serviced - the seats are suprisingly comfortable and reminded me of a better version of my old T plate one's - which were better than the S3's for actually 'holding' you - it drives spot on, its quite a bit slower than the Mini (for now) but she absolutely loves it - only niggle is that we may need a new AC compressor, other than that the plans are to replace the coolant, maybe fit a high flow CAT and FMIC....then to remap it

just ordered a new private plate, front aero wipers, rear polo arm, number plate LED's, Xenon white sidelights to go with the 6000k HID's - keeping an eye out now for some RSTT's, neighbours selling me his Forge TIP (due to BT upgrade)... and thats the lot for now

out with the new....
mini3.jpg

and in with the old :)
BmYrVYgmkKGrHqMH-DUEtteu6k4BLfZ4qO3.jpg

BmYrJRgmkKGrHqUH-CkEtsezh84JBLfZ4Z2.jpg

BmYrqwBmkKGrHqYH-DQEtyRCSF7jBLfZ5GQ.jpg

BmYsWgBWkKGrHqEH-DsEtqIU5uLBLfZ53Mf.jpg

Very nice but you are buyin a lot of stuff for it and I thought the car was for the missus???

I merely have an amount of money to best spend mate....shes big enough and daft enough to pay for herself nowadays :)

although we're looking at the CAT and FMIC options and weighing up the benefits, buying all that lot in one go certainly makes you think - list ive got amounts to £1200 so far with the bits mentioned above eeeek

Wish I had your money mate havin an s3 a being a full time student are a nightmare there is so much I want to do to the car but dont have money!!!

thats the benefits of being an oldy fella...... :)

she's worked hard for it, but you still have to show restraint, essentially the car is a depreciating lump of metal - question is where do you draw the line

Salt and vinegar are GREENbut to be honest hate the new minis i thought the whole point about them was that they were mini and overpriced!!!!!:crying:

Nice choice, like the colour and leathers.

Good luck with the mods!

^^^ I love Kingfisher too! :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new motor - looks like you got a good 'un!

So that makes two new Kingfisher additions to the forum in as many days! :detective2:

Regards,

Rob.

Salt and vinegar are GREENbut to be honest hate the new minis i thought the whole point about them was that they were mini and overpriced!!!!!:crying:

hates a strong word :)

in fairness she said to me the A3 feels like a tank in comparison, slower although comfier - yet she loves the A3 and the 'Mini' deppression has subsided...... the Mini was a great car, sounded awesome as standard and went like stink as standard (only 2 or 3 car lengths off my mapped S3), they are well worth the money when you see the quality of what your getting, we paid 13k for that cooper S back in August last year and would have kept in had she used it more - I didnt like it as it was quite harsh to drive, but man could it corner (also might put you off knowing the lump was a 1.6 turbo'd 207 engine :) )

Salt & vinegar have only been green since they swapped the colour of cheese & onion and salt & vinegar a few years ago...

Useless fact.

Lovely colour car that is! I remember seeing an S3 in this colour for sale once! Good luck with it matey.

Very nice! must have been bargain to travel 540 miles? hope it treats you well!

Thought they were supercharged? arnt they rated at 163hp? how did it keep up with your mapped S3 with approx 100bhp more?????

also might put you off knowing the lump was a 1.6 turbo'd 207 engine :)

Nice buy! 540 miles though - eesh! Looking for a mineral or dolphin grey S3 at the moment, and see a couple of nice examples online, but they're in Scotland and it'd be a right mission driving up from Bristol on the chance it might be alright. Did you drive all the way to buy it just off the back of some photos, or had you already been up to view?

Thought they were supercharged? arnt they rated at 163hp? how did it keep up with your mapped S3 with approx 100bhp more?????

also might put you off knowing the lump was a 1.6 turbo'd 207 engine :)

na if you buy a post 56 plate Mini, the new shape..... they are 1.6 turbo'd running 175bhp...but they are extremely light, we're talking midrange rather than 0-60 where it will keep up, we did several runs because i couldnt beleive it....the supercharged Mini's (Chrysler engine) have the same 0-60 but lose massively mid range at the side of the turbo cars...... the turbo's also map up to approx 230bhp, although this is pushing the limit bearing in mind the new shape JCW has strengthened internals for only 210bhp, there must have been a reason behind that

and it wasnt as much of a bargain as yours ;)

Nice buy! 540 miles though - eesh! Looking for a mineral or dolphin grey S3 at the moment, and see a couple of nice examples online, but they're in Scotland and it'd be a right mission driving up from Bristol on the chance it might be alright. Did you drive all the way to buy it just off the back of some photos, or had you already been up to view?

all i would say is its worth asking for loads of detailed pictures and have a good chat with the seller, i pointed out that we would walk away if it wasnt as described.... the car has full history and loads of receipts the chap covered before we decided to go up there.... nice drive actually, even the misus enjoyed it (even if she had cramp in her foot from driving :) )....only other thing is the car has a few spots where laquer is peeling, only subtle places but nevertheless there - also include the petrol costs in the value as its essentially costing you to fetch the damned thing

good luck with the search - dolphin is defo the best colour ;)

na if you buy a post 56 plate Mini, the new shape..... they are 1.6 turbo'd running 175bhp...but they are extremely light, we're talking midrange rather than 0-60 where it will keep up, we did several runs because i couldnt beleive it....the supercharged Mini's (Chrysler engine) have the same 0-60 but lose massively mid range at the side of the turbo cars...... the turbo's also map up to approx 230bhp, although this is pushing the limit bearing in mind the new shape JCW has strengthened internals for only 210bhp, there must have been a reason behind that

and it wasnt as much of a bargain as yours ;)
Well, you learn summat new every day lol, i thought they were all s/charged, but not really looked into one as its not my cuppa tea! but if there that quick it may change!
Good luck with the Kingfisher, watch it for tryin to jump into rivers tho lol...:lmfao:

Any what is it with these A3's were buying being for the missus??? mine was too!:think:

haha cheers mate - also the Mini had virtually no lag, i went for a spin one night and took a TT 3.2 out with it, almost kept with an Astra VXR.....mapped it would have been amazing, plus the CAT is extremely restrictive, company in London will take it apart, remove one of the bricks inside and rebuild leaving your warranty in tact ;) and that releases another good dollop of bhp, was looking forward to doing all that too :) ...oh and the scoop is no longer used so purchasing a CAI that utilised it from the US was also a worthwhile mod one the warranty had finished - we had a Cherished dealer warranty until August and so dare not risk mods until that point

all i would say is its worth asking for loads of detailed pictures and have a good chat with the seller, i pointed out that we would walk away if it wasnt as described.... the car has full history and loads of receipts the chap covered before we decided to go up there.... nice drive actually, even the misus enjoyed it (even if she had cramp in her foot from driving :) )....only other thing is the car has a few spots where laquer is peeling, only subtle places but nevertheless there - also include the petrol costs in the value as its essentially costing you to fetch the damned thing

good luck with the search - dolphin is defo the best colour ;)

I think that's the best plan; get full 360 degree exterior photos, plus engine bay and interior shots. I don't mind a long drive, but if it's not as described then it'd be fairly bitter drive home!

Hope all goes well with the A3 - looks really smart and sounds like you've got some nice mods planned :icon_thumright:

1animal1 you are right hate is a strong word tbh just dislike them but if i was gonna have one it would be an old one with a moterbike engine in it!!!

Hey Tim Tim, congrats on the new car to you and the missus. looks great, looking forward to the mods :)

cheers Nilzy.. im quite daunted with the work ive got planned in one go but hey, once its done ;)

Lovely Animal.

Have fun, looks like you've got lots planned for it already.

G

Yep Tim smiley faces all round, even from the missus, which makes a change hey ;) LOL

Nice nice nice. Shame to see the Mini go though! :(

Dont know if its any good to you Tim, but, I have a few bits off the S3 that you're welcome too. Off the top of my head, the old TIP, a Bailey(?) DV (as I believe the 007p forge unit sold on the car..) and a yellow spring! heh, means nothing to me anymore! :) Also, a set of four 16" turbo wheels like those on the 'kingfish at the minute. Tyres are shot and heavily corroded tho.

yup was gutted to see it go mate..... erm dont think any of that is of use mate but thanks :)

Nice car, you wasnt parked up my road was you the other day! hadnt seen the kingfisher colour before now i sees them everywhere.!. Although it was ruined by having the front gauzed out!!

Nice car mate, looks nice and tidy and with the addition of the leather and the rear spoiler is a bonus.

I'm intrigued to hear how you rate the car once the mods are all done beside your own car, the K03 was pretty quick with a map so will be nice see how you compare the K03s after the map...

Nice car, you wasnt parked up my road was you the other day! hadnt seen the kingfisher colour before now i sees them everywhere.!. Although it was ruined by having the front gauzed out!!

dunno where ya from :)

although its only been down the mway and to centertainment in Sheff...i doubt it was us ;)