Brakes Update and "hose" Question !

tankie2ndrtr

Reaction score
Firstly ive just put my Grooved and dimpled Discs with Mintex pads on. And possibly Halfords it up with some paint :)

IMG_0382.jpg

And now for my next trick i will present a few pictures of a broken hose and the first one to Diagnose and explain will have a Magical Chocolate watch appear in front of them..

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Also if you know the possible repercussions or faults created by this please share :)

Last edited:
This is the part circled black on this pic:

pcvinfo7-1.jpg

It is part of the PCV system, and as you can see, the pipe in question is where the block breather meets the rocker breather, which then goes into the Pressure Regulator Valve (PRV or Hockey Puck) and into the TIP.

The picture shown is not for the S3 but the system is very similar. The PCV (in green) is basically a one way valve which allows the vacuum in the inlet manifold to draw air through the PCV system, force venting the rocker and crankcase. With the split you have you will probably have a lumpy idle as air is being drawn into it. Also, although not as likely, if the PCV is blocked with emulsified gunge and not working properly, boost can get past it which will then be escaping out of your broken pipe.

You will obviously need to replace this broken pipe with a new one or suitable silicon hose. Or just get rid of the PCV system altogether and replace with an Oil Catch Can, like I'm doing, hence the group buy: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showth...uy-anyone-including-PCV-system-simplification

HTH

Muchas Gracia... Your chocolate watch should appear any time........................................... soon ;)

Think its easier just to change the pipe ?

Muchas Gracia... Your chocolate watch should appear any time........................................... soon ;)

Think its easier just to change the pipe ?

Probably. That piece is a hard pipe, so providing you can get the part number for a replacement shouldn't be much of a problem. Would have a good look around the rest of the system while you're at it though. The PCV system seems to be notorious for getting splits. If you need to replace that hard pipe with silicon pipe, you will need to get suitable connectors to connect the silicon pipe to the two rubber hoses at either end, still not much of a biggy though. Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks.. Considering its position and the hose.. i may chop it off stuff it up and PTFE and jubilee it to F**K Also the one coming from the bottom of the UFO disc thing is al soft and has a kink right under it :(

Yeh, clean face and a fresh jubilee, that might actually work. Kink won't be helping airflow. Might sort itself when the pipe is reconnected, as at the moment looks like it has dropped down abit.