vinyl wrap or respray?

Speedy Steve

Reaction score
Well im not a happy bunny came back from work to see the wing and bumper has been skuffed by some ******. What im thinking is do i go for a full respray as there are a few other chips i want done or do i go for a Matt Black vinyl wrap. Looking around a full wrap is around 800 notes and a respray well im guessing 1300+ for a good job. What do you guys think??

I'm sure you could get a respray cheaper than that
vinal wrap is good but when you come to sell the car on
what would the buyer think respray for me!

I'm sure you could get a respray cheaper than that
vinal wrap is good but when you come to sell the car on
what would the buyer think respray for me!

Any respray that's going to cost less than the 1300 quoted is going to be a poor job, unless we are talking about mates rates, or self prep of the car. You get for what you pay for when it comes to paint jobs in my opinion.

im getting mine sprayed going in next week and its costing me £1600 at trade price im having some customising to but id not compromise quility for the saving of a few £££'s
as for vynl wrap im not sure what happens if you get light scratches on paint work you can polish them out?? i no they can replace if it gets scratched but im talking light scuff swirl type scratches, im having my roof wrapped after its painted but im nervous as to how long it will look nice for so id be very nervous to have the whole car like it.
also when you sell the car it might be hard as the buyer may want to see paint work is good underneath and it wont be if all your doing is masking the problem you have anyway

I had my old Renault 5 turbo fully resprayed in silver with silver mica flake and loved it, i'm so tempted to do it to the S3

I had my old Renault 5 turbo fully resprayed in silver with silver mica flake and loved it, i'm so tempted to do it to the S3
:sign_pics: i love my renault 5gtt's i had 3 and a 1.1 gt kitted one

i know i was so tempted to buy another for a bit of fun but what with the turbo needing replacing and know the respray i think that will beout of the window for a while

Im thinking just a respray in the standard silver as dont want to do the engine bay, maybe add some mica flake then paint all the gray trim on the outside matt black along with the grill surround to match my matt black bbs ch's

yeah any respray under 1300 wouldn't be good work. i would say nearer 1800+ depending how much work is involved, vehicle condition...colour choice..engine bay included? etc..if done properly would look alot nicer than the vynl wrap!

go for the vinyl wrap in matt black ! it would definatly be a 1 off ! especialy if you was going to pay 1300 for a respray ... dont do it

Hmmm that would be nice I think.

Problem is nobody has the bottle to do matt black on an S3.

G