Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    3rd Gear

Status

Help with oil leak

Hi, i noticed yesterday a patch of oil on my driveway, then at work in the carpark. I checked the oil and it was on minimum! I looked underneath and the whole underside is covered in oil!! I have no idea where the oil is leaking from! I did change the oil myself about 3 months ago, could i have a possible lose sump plug or oil filter or could it be something worse???

Any help would be appreciated, ill be jacking the car up tomorrow morning. Btw its a 2001 s3 on 101k.

Thanks Allan
    2001 Audi S3 - Facelift - Revo remap - Forge 007p DV - BMC Panel Filter- Type R Ariel - Aero wipers - n75j valve.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Ive got an oil leak also and I know that it is the rocker cover gasket and aparently its quite common with these engines that could be a possibility!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    anything else i should look for? Im about to have a look under car, left some cardboard underneith to try work out where its leaking from but it blew away last night - doh :/
    2001 Audi S3 - Facelift - Revo remap - Forge 007p DV - BMC Panel Filter- Type R Ariel - Aero wipers - n75j valve.

3rd Gear

Status
    Ok ive looked under car, the sump plug is as tight as can be but there is a tiny drip of oil under it?? The oilfilter is tight and no sign of oil anywhere in that area. So its either the dodgy sumplug and washer i got from halfrauds or something more sinister which i cant find.

Btw i did have a new head fitted about a year and half ago, so rocker cover gasket should be fine. But then again......

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah that's the best bet it's not to much to get fixed it's around 20
    for the gasket and takes about half an hour to fit!

Neutral

Status
    I would say it's the copper washer, put a new one on, i done a oil change last month ive been dripping oil everywhere, so replaced the copper washer and it alright now...

3rd Gear

Status
    ll prob try change the washer first, bit of a pain cos ive gotta change oil again. Costing me $$$$$$$$ lol

6th Gear

Status
    the sump plug is the lowest part, any leak will make its way there eventually.

tbh you shuold get under the car and look up to the highest point you can spot the leak and start there

could be sump, turbo return, rocker cover etc