Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

No water to rear wiper?

Over Christmas my rear wiper stopped working which I put down to me turning it on when the rear screen was thick with snow! Anyway after replacing the fuse it seemed to be working fine, just now spraying any water but I assumed it was frozen. I'm still not getting any water now! You can hear the pump working, the reservoir is full but nothing is coming out.

Where should I start looking first, wiper end or bonnet end?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Administrator

Status
    Wiper end, there's a pipe popped off inside the tailgate...

HTC (I think - possibly MarkB) did a FAQ/HOWTO ages ago about it... Will see if I can find...

Cheers,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    When you try to get water to it does a puudle appear under the front passenger side?
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Administrator

Status
    Aye, that's (^^^) half a chance too, anyway, the HOWTO HTC did might be useful when investigating things at the back end...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...rear-wash-wipe

Regards,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

Neutral

Status
    Can't say I've noticed with the roads being so wet, I'll go and have a look at both things now.

Neutral

Status
    Cheers that guide seems to illustrate exactly what's gone wrong. My wiper jet wasn't moving with the wiper but I assumed that was normal as it never has while I've had the car, I guess it's finally snapped off. Think I'll wait for warmer weather before I tackle it though!

Spooly Spooly Boosty Boosty!

Status
    May have just solved my long running headache with my rear washer as well! I'd just about resigned myself to either living with no rear washer or dismantling my interior to check the tubing for blockages...
    Cheap and Reliable is not Fast. Cheap and Fast is not Reliable. Fast and Reliable is not Cheap!

Neutral

Status
    I'd resorted to washing the front screen at a standstill as enough water droplets would spray over onto the rear screen to be able to clean a bit of it!!

Smell my finger.

Status
    Another one I did, outlines the issue at the front of the car

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...ear+Washer+Fix

Is it worth making the washer fix threads a sticky as someone normally pops up and asks about once a month?

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice