No water to rear wiper?

Zonda_

Reaction score
Over Christmas my rear wiper stopped working which I put down to me turning it on when the rear screen was thick with snow! Anyway after replacing the fuse it seemed to be working fine, just now spraying any water but I assumed it was frozen. I'm still not getting any water now! You can hear the pump working, the reservoir is full but nothing is coming out.

Where should I start looking first, wiper end or bonnet end?

Wiper end, there's a pipe popped off inside the tailgate...

HTC (I think - possibly MarkB) did a FAQ/HOWTO ages ago about it... Will see if I can find...

Cheers,

Rob.

When you try to get water to it does a puudle appear under the front passenger side?

Can't say I've noticed with the roads being so wet, I'll go and have a look at both things now.

Cheers that guide seems to illustrate exactly what's gone wrong. My wiper jet wasn't moving with the wiper but I assumed that was normal as it never has while I've had the car, I guess it's finally snapped off. Think I'll wait for warmer weather before I tackle it though!

May have just solved my long running headache with my rear washer as well! I'd just about resigned myself to either living with no rear washer or dismantling my interior to check the tubing for blockages...

I'd resorted to washing the front screen at a standstill as enough water droplets would spray over onto the rear screen to be able to clean a bit of it!!