My A3 1.8T Going in to R-tech monday! :)

Reaction score
hey everyone!

finally after doing a few mods, then saving up the pennies for a re-map, ive finally booked my car into r-tech for a re-map!

Ive heard some good things about them and the guy on the phone was very helpful!

Ill get the dyno graphs up asap on monday! with already having a de-cat, forge and K&n, hopefully should be seeing over 200bhp?! AUM with a Ko3s, so 200bhp should be obtainable :)

also, the guy (nick if i remeber) recommended i ditch my K&N 57i induction kit and opt for the standard air-box with a performance panel filter. anyone else ditched their induction kits to opt for the performance panel filter instead?? Suppose it makes sense with the "heat-soak"??

Monday cant come sooner! lol :)

Last edited:
good man....your my test chap then :)

erm, most on hee will opt for the panel filter over the cone...... just get a good feed into your air box from the front and your away

cant really complain with his prices and he sounded like he knew his stuff i must say!

To be honest, the only reason i bought the K&N was to hear the DV better, now that ive got a de-cat, i dnt ****** hear anything from the front! lol

thats a job for me over the wekend then, airbox back on, and change it to a performnce ponel filter!

when i get time, i might make a hole in the bottom of the air-box big enough for a cold-air feed pipe from the bumper, lots more cold air that way! :)

i wouldnt worry about heat soak on a turbo car too much... i mean its going past a turbo!!! lol thats going to pick up loads of heat right? the filter is in an annoying place though, a cold air feed may help.

The best cones are enclosed though... so doing the air box mod is a cheaper alternative...

Get your self a nice front mount next :)

Last edited:
id love a front mount, bit on the expensive side tho arent they?? forge are about £600?!?!?

seen cheaper ones knocking about... will have to save up some more pennies first though! :)

My car is remapped with Rtech, however I have fitted a Ko3s, and mines 235bhp and sheeed loads of torque.

His firgures beat that of revo and other companies as he doesnt spike the power, its power the kicks in and slowly dies at higher revs, not like Revo where they are known to spike the power early on and nothing is left for the later revs.

Nick and Ben are also real nice chaps, real helpful.

>>Ryan

Big power remaps make me laugh... its on the rollers 1% of the time and you drive it 99% of the time. its all about power delivery as Ryan says.

yeah ive heard good things about all the companies, some better than others! from experience ill never go back to superchips!

will get results up on monday! counting the day(s)! lol

I am very interested in how this goes as i intend to get Nick @ R-tech to do mine too shortly. He seems very confident and knowledgeable and will be getting my money

I've had mine done with nick at R-Tech over a year ago and couldn't be happy - knows the 1.8T like the back of his hand and as mentioned before a great bloke

I spoke to R-Tech when I was shopping about for a map and they couldnt have been more helpful.

They have a good reputation so I dont think you'll have any issues :)

The difference a remap makes is just huuuuge compared to standard. I'd never go back! (although I went with CC for logistical reasons!).

How easy are the FMIC to fit??? as in, would i need to take it to a garage to do or can a novice mechanic like me be able to do it??

I remeber reading a thread on here about fitting a FMIC to an AUM (as welly said ill need that extra pipe) but cant seem to find it on the search.

£200 sounds a bargain! i suppose youre just paying for the name with forge?! will deffo be after one of these in the next few months :)

If you're pretty switched on you should be able to work it out, you have to do a bit of bumper trimming on the A3 to get it to fit and also (I think) cut the crash bar a bit too but I may be wrong. The ebay items look a bit smaller so may fit below the crash bar.

How easy are the FMIC to fit??? as in, would i need to take it to a garage to do or can a novice mechanic like me be able to do it??

I remeber reading a thread on here about fitting a FMIC to an AUM (as welly said ill need that extra pipe) but cant seem to find it on the search.

£200 sounds a bargain! i suppose youre just paying for the name with forge?! will deffo be after one of these in the next few months :)

Agreed, not that hard mate to be honest. Also quite enjoyable to be honest. Bear in mind that the pipework in that kit on ebay runs in a different place to the standard pipework....

hey guys!

well its been re-mapped and i must say its a whole diffrent car! Absolutly amazing!! many thanks to all the guys down at R-tech! done a superb job with my car and i must say the drive home was alot beeter than the drive there! lol

ill get the dyno printouts up in the morning as my scanner is in work.

But the figures i had were (at fly)

standard (with de-cat, forge007 & K&N 57i) 159.34bhp + 153.19lb-ft of torque

Mapped (with same mods) 221.97bhp + 233.01lb-ft :w00t:

the guys told me to ditch the K&N induction and go for the performance panel filter, so i bought one and will fit it this week sometime, hopefuly itll be even better then without the K&N sucking all the hot air in! lol

:)

hey guys!

well its been re-mapped and i must say its a whole diffrent car! Absolutly amazing!! many thanks to all the guys down at R-tech! done a superb job with my car and i must say the drive home was alot beeter than the drive there! lol

ill get the dyno printouts up in the morning as my scanner is in work.

But the figures i had were (at fly)

standard (with de-cat, forge007 & K&N 57i) 159.34bhp + 153.19lb-ft of torque

Mapped (with same mods) 221.97bhp + 233.01lb-ft :w00t:

the guys told me to ditch the K&N induction and go for the performance panel filter, so i bought one and will fit it this week sometime, hopefuly itll be even better then without the K&N sucking all the hot air in! lol

:)

Nice figures, do you happen to have the ploy handy? I am curious of the torque/power curve

Thats a massive gain!. I net it feels savage compared to stock :)

Really good gains there!
Even if the rollers are a bit 'keen' the gains should be fairly accurate!
60bhp and 80ft/lbs is not to be sniffed at.

How much do R-Tech charge?

I think its about the 250 mark although they'll do a panel and 007 at the same time for a bit more. I seem to remember being impressed by the prices anyway :)

Nice. Sounds like a good company to know.
If they were a bit closer* and I hadn't already had a C-C map put on, i'd be on the phone now!

(*I know they do mobile mapping, but I doubt this far north)

i spoke to R tech the other day and mentioned £75 for a 007p which they said they couldnt price match :/

That's a huge increase matey! Must be enjoying it! Is it a custom map? Wonder if they could stage 2 mine!

arn't they £100 everywhere else though Tim?

ive seen them at that lately fella, even on the forge site...although just spotted the Forge one for £72.50 + P&P as mentioned above so gonna give JBS a call and see if they can price match

JBS just price matched Awesome for me.... they have also updated their website which you can apparently price match on there too...gonna pick it up to save postage, £72.50 - job done ;)

And you don't have to have the word "AWESOME" emblazoned on it! Anyone who looks at mine will think i'm a reeet reprobate.

Just dont get putting an 'On A Mission' sticker in the back window eh?

thank for all the comments guys! its a whole diffrent car!! £250 they charged me all in, plus they managed to wipe some old codes and stuff in that price with vag com. Nick called it a stage 1.5 custom re-map! lol because of the K&N and de-cat but no fmic!

heres the printout as promised, its abit low quality sorry.

scan0001.jpg

I might be being a bit of a dullard here, but the max bhp on that graph is under 200?. I'm guessing the graphs the figures at the wheels and not the flywheel?

yea the graph i think is at the weel and the fly firgures are the really light ones on top that dont really show from the scan, all figures are

max power : mapped 194.039 (wheel) 221.975 (fly)
---------------: stock 129.875 (wheel) 159.340 (fly)

max torque : mapped 215.24 (wheel) 233.01 (fly)
---------------: stock 137.41 (wheel) 154.19 (fly)

im not realy sure which line is which as i got a black + white graph myself :(

i prefer the fly fiigures as they sound more :) lol

Last edited: